Sequel Twilight Jacket

Well-made jacket designed with few frills and even…

Fabric: Gore-tex
Price Paid: $350?

Well-made jacket designed with few frills and even fewer "gimmicks." The result is fewer seams and other potential trouble spots where water can get in. The jacket features an ingenious hood that can be snapped down or attached with a sliding harness so it rotates along with you when you turn your head. I haven't really pushed mine to the limit yet, but it served very well in the Beartooth range in Montana and I know a guy who was very happy with his one February in the Yukon.

The Twilight is jacket length, but the firm also makes the longer "Storm King," with more of a snow skirt. A woman I know doesn't like the way the Storm King fits her; she's pretty tall, so if you have a long torso the waist-cinch may hit you a little funny, but try one on and see.

My favorite Gore jacket, made by a small Durango Company.

Fabric: Gore Three Layer

My favorite Gore jacket, made by a small Durango Company. I personally have both the Storm King and the Twilight, and I love them both. The jacket is no-nonsesnse, and doesn't use excessive "Doo-Dads" like North Face. For instance, no un-needed pockets, a sublimated logo that will never come off and does not require stitching many holes through a fabric that is made to keep out adverse conditions.

The company stands behind their products: My first Twilight had some bad Gore fabric that developed holes after several years of HARD use. I called them, told the truth, and they sent me a brand new jacket. Would North Face do that? I know quality when I see it -- Try one on. BTW, the Track Hood System that they use is un-paralled. It works and is an ingenious idea. Hope to see you in the jacket soon.

A great jacket. Well made. Looks good. Tough as nails.

Fabric: 3-ply Gore-Tex

A great jacket. Well made. Looks good. Tough as nails. Reasonable price.

If you've owned or used a Sequel Twilight Jacket, please share your experience.

Sequel Twilight Jacket

The Sequel Twilight Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.