Sierra Designs Dragonfly 20

Max User Height 5 ft 0 in / 150 cm
Shoulder Girth 52 in / 130 cm
Hip Girth 50 in / 127 cm
Foot Girth 34 in / 86 cm

This is a review for the 20 degree bag. It has all…

Price Paid: $80 @ REI

This is a review for the 20 degree bag. It has all the comforts for car camping but these can easily be ditched for backpacking. I purchased this for my 3 year old daughter. The bag packs small and fit easily into her Deuter Fox 30 pack, which I would also recommend to anyone. I love the pillow pocket. It can be stuffed with cloths or the packable pillow that comes with it, she is happy with either. The zipper never and I mean never gets stuck.

We also have a Mountain Hardwear Mountain Goat 20 degree bag for my 5 year old. The goat has a minimalists feel and look for a synthetic, but the two weigh the exact same. If you ditch the pillow and sleeping pad connectors then the SD is the lighter bag, packs smaller, and is warmer.

Personal experience: I took my girls backpacking early this spring in Western Wyoming. The first day was great but that night it rained then turned to snow. I slept in a 15 degree 600 fill down bag. In my lean-to, I woke up chilled many times. I checked on my girls many times, and the oldest was curled up in a ball, but my 3 year old had both arms out.

The next morning I asked them how they slept and my 5 year said she was kinda cold, but my 3 year old said she was really warm! Now, my five year old wants a Sierra Design bag.

Bottom Line: If you have kids this is the bag that will keep them and you smiling.

Sierra Designs Dragonfly 20

The Sierra Designs Dragonfly 20 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 26, 2013 at

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.