Not at all waterproof. Misleading advertised as such.

Not at all waterproof. Misleading advertised as such. I would never recommend this pant. (maybe as a windbreaker)

This is what I call a disposable item. I used it two…

Fabric: Nylon

This is what I call a disposable item. I used it two times in winter, once for hiking in the Catskills and once for cross-country skiing, and it worked fine. But the third time I tried to use it, water started to seep in through the seams between the legs, where more movement occurs: the inner shell separated from the outer, and riped open at the seams. The outer isn't water tight, so water seeps in.

I sent it to Sierra, and the repair they did is nothing short of outrageous: they covered the original seams with some type of common tape. I wish I could put some photos on this review. The way it was done left some spots open, where sure enough water will come in. And I guess the tape will peel off very soon.

So Sierra Designs did a lousy job two times with this pants. Even if you find it very cheap, don't buy it. It's worth nothing.

UPDATED JULY 3, 2007:
About the quality of these pants, read my previous review. About Sierra's service: after my complaint to them a representative contacted me, asking what they could do. Since I didn't want a new Hurricane, they offered to send, on their expenses, the Cyclone.
I haven't tested it yet, but it looks a bit better built than the Hurricane. As soon as I do, I´ll write a review.

This changed my mind about Sierra's service. I can say they won their client back. It took a while, but was really good.

Sierra Designs Hurricane LT Pant

The Hurricane LT Pant has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Hurricane LT Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 1, 2016 at Moosejaw.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review