Sierra Designs Microlight Jacket

Weight 10.5 oz
Center Back Length 29.25 in (Large)
Waterproof 600 mm
Shell Fabric Microlight

This is a great ultralight jacket. The stuff sack…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This is a great ultralight jacket. The stuff sack and the lightweather resistant fabric makes a superb on-the-go jacket. I highly recommend this jacket for a 3-season day or weekend hiking trip, to a jacket to throw on when the weather gets a little colder half way up a mountain. The only reason it is not a 5 is because I prefer a weather-proof material and I would call this jacket weather resistant. All in all a great buy! 4/5!

Pros

• Weather resistant
  • Stuff sack

Cons

• Not super durable (not for rough trips)
  • Could be weather proof
  • With being lightweight, it is not very warm, don't expect it to be both!

Like I said I really enjoy this product! I am 5'11" and I weigh 175 lbs. I got the medium and the length of both the sleeves and the torso are perfect. There is some extra room around the mid section but that is to be expected for me because of my slim build.

Do NOT be afraid to buy it if you are a little bit larger, it would still fit fine. The hood has extra space and can easily fit over a beanie or other hat. There are cord locks on elastic on many parts of the jacket to help fit easier.

Since it is not super warm, which should not be expected due to the name 'microlight' I was happy to see that I could easily fit my fleece under the jacket in case I got into some colder weather. The material is a lighter type and can not take a lot of roughness, but it does not need to be babied either. I would put this jacket in the medium category as far as abrasion resistance goes.

I have used this jacket on countless day hikes and walks and can be used anywhere from mid spring to late fall. It has held up over time and only has a couple snags on it from some thorns.

MY personal favorite feature is the small stuff sack that comes with it. I can put it in my pouch on my hydration pack and take it out if needed!

You get wet on a sunny day. I've designated as my…

Summary

You get wet on a sunny day. I've designated as my dust jacket when I'm in my wood shop.

Pros

• Wind proof
  • Dust proof

Cons

• Doesn't breath at all

This jacket should not be worn if you're doing anything active. It will drench your underlayers. If you need a windbreak when you're resting it will stop the wind. I've used it as a dust jacket when I'm in my woodshop and I like it for that job. Not sure how else I might use it.

Visit Sierra Designs's Microlight Jacket page.

Lightweight wind and water resistance in a convenient storage sack means you'll always have a jacket to throw on when traveling, backpacking, trekking, biking or hiking when you stash the Men's Sierra Designs Microlight Jacket in your daypack. Made from polyester Microlight(TM) fabric, this windbreaker has a polyurethane coating to give it a little resistance to light rain. The full-zip front makes it quick and convenient to pull on or off and the relaxed fit gives you room underneath for layers. The adjustable hood, drawcord at the hem, elastic cuffs and 2 zippered hand pockets give you more protection from chilly winds. Compressible and weighing only 10 ounces, this wind jacket stows in the included stuff sack for a convenient bundle you can keep in the bottom of your backpack until a passing shower or cooler temperatures roll through. Backpackers and globetrotters agree the Sierra Designs Microlight Jacket for men is a must-have when you're traveling.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

On Sale. Sierra Designs Men's Microlight Jacket FEATURES of the Sierra Designs Men's Microlight Jacket Two Zipper Hand Pockets Helmet Compatible, Adjustable Hood Includes Stuff Sack Interior Center Front Storm Flap Elasticized Cuff Adjustable Hem SPECIFICATIONS of the Sierra Designs Men's Microlight Jacket Center Back Length: (L): 29 1/2in. Weight: 11 oz Shell: Microlight: 100% Polyester

When the weather turns sour, pull out your Sierra Designs Microlight Jacket. It packs down small and offers wind protection and water resistance on or off the trail.

Sierra Design's Microlight Jacket is affordable wind and weather protection. Made from 100% polyester with a DWR finish, this jacket will keep you warm and comfortable when the weather turns sour. Supremely packable, the Microlight goes unnoticed in any bag until you need it.

- CampSaver.com