Sierra Designs Paul Bunyan

Just bought this bag, and only used it once, but so…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard 3D
Temperature Rating: +10 degrees F.
Weight: 4 lbs 2 oz.
Price Paid: $129 (on sale @ Campmor)

Just bought this bag, and only used it once, but so far very pleased. Took it out this past weekend; didn't use a tent, used a Thermarest 3/4 LE for ground insulation, clear night, temps falling to low teens, and stayed toasty warm with only Coolmax shirt & boxers and wool socks on. BIG bag, with 70" of shoulder girth (I wear size 52 jacket), lots of room inside for storing little items. I had my pants, fleece jacket, down vest, socks, etc. and a water bottle in with me and still had tons of room for thrashing about. Downside to all this room is lots of bulk and weight, but for big people, this is the price we have to pay. Very well designed hood, and excellent draft collar. Zipper worked flawlessly, no snags at all. Like I mentioned at the beginning, it's too early to give a categorical thumbs up, but so far, very pleased.

I am 6'4", 237lbs. This is the first bag I have been…

Design: mummy
Fill: 3m synthetic
Temperature Rating: 15
Price Paid: Cannot remember

I am 6'4", 237lbs. This is the first bag I have been able to take into the backcountry and sleep like I was car camping! A must have for all of us, bigger guys.

Excellent bag. Can't leave without it. Kept me very…

Design: mummy
Fill: ???
Temperature Rating: 20
Weight: average

Excellent bag. Can't leave without it. Kept me very warm down to 10 degrees. Plenty of room for big guys, and very well made..

If you've owned or used a Sierra Designs Paul Bunyan, please share your experience.

Sierra Designs Paul Bunyan

The Paul Bunyan has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Paul Bunyan is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 11, 2009 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.