Sierra Designs Stellar Jacket

men's
Weight 13.5 oz
Back Length 31 in (Large)
Waterproof 10,000 mm
Breathability 7,000 grams per sq m
Shell Fabric Tropozone

I got the Stellar Jacket last year direct from Sierra…

I got the Stellar Jacket last year direct from Sierra Designs. The fit is great (XL for 6'1" 200lbs with room for layers). The design is simple yet there are ample pockets for all your things. I love the waterproof zippers and the fact that they don't have storm flaps saves weight.

Haven't had much rain with this but the numbers seem fine for that (10,000). I'm a bit worried about the breathability being only 7000 compared to GT and others at 20000-30000 but it has huge pit zips and the othe pockets have mesh liners to vent also.

All in all a great jacket for the price and weight.

I just received my Stellar in the mail and I'm very…

I just received my Stellar in the mail and I'm very pleased with this hard shell. It arrived just on time and it seemed like as soon as I walked out of the mail room, it began to rain. The jacket handled the rain like a splash of water on a plastic bag.

The design is amazing and quite simple. If you don't care about flashy features and prefer a simple, efficient design, like me, this is your rain shell. The seemed zippers are awesome and do not snag. Along the lining of the main zipper, it says "Seek Adventure," I liked this detail. There is a chest pocket, two side pockets, pit zips and a small pocket inside the jacket on the chest that could fit a phone, GPS, glasses or other items of similar size. The jacket is extremely lightweight and breathable.

The fit was a little different that I was expecting. In other reviews, I saw that 6'0", 180 pound guys were going with the medium. They must like skinny jeans, as well. I'm 5'10", 165 pounds and my medium fits perfect. The arms are a tad long, but I prefer a bit of space in the arms.

My only complaint about the jacket (and reason for the 4.5) is the hood. I'm not a climber, so I don't wear helmets, but the hood seems big enough to fit a helmet. Other than that small factor, I love it.

Any who, I'm very pleased with the Sierra Designs Stellar, grab yourself one.

Visit Sierra Designs's Men's Stellar Jacket page.

Whether you're trekking in the rain forest, visiting Seattle, or braving a downpour at your kids soccer game, the Sierra Designs Men's Stellar Jacket is built for the job. The Tropozone shell fabric shrugs off wet conditions and breathes so you stay dry and comfortable while underarm zips allow you to ditch some excess heat when the trail gets steep.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . Take on rainy environments with confidence in Sierra Designs' Stellar jacket. The lightweight, waterproof breathable Tropozone material and fully sealed seams ensure even monsoons won't slow you down. Available Colors: BLACK, GATOR, RED, TRUE BLUE. Sizes: S, M, L, XL.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

Heading to the jungles of Brazil or the backcountry of Alaska, the new Stellar jacket will become your new go to shell. Combining condor construction with Sierra Designs' TropozoneTM laminate, you will be ready to take on the most hazardous of conditions. Key features include: Fully-Taped PVC-Free Seams 1 Interior Zippered Pocket & 1 Interior Dump Pocket Center Front Storm Flap Exposed Waterproof Zippers Condor Construction Underarm Vents Interior Tricot Chin Guard Adjustable Cuff Adjustable Hem

- Rocky Mountain Trail refers to the men's version

If the forecast calls for a torrential downpour, grab your Sierra Designs Men's Stellar Jacket and know everything's going to be smooth sailing. Designed for hiking in extremely wet weather, this jacket is constructed from Tropozone 2.5L fabric and comes completely equipped with fully-taped PVC-free seams to keep you dry all day long. Plus, underarm vents allow for necessary breathability, in case things warm up just a tad.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

Sierra Designs Stellar Jacket

$99.00 (men's)

The Sierra Designs Stellar Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 30, 2013 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.