Smartwool NTS Mid 250 Bottom - Women's

These are without a doubt the best long johns I have…

Summary

These are without a doubt the best long johns I have ever owned!

Pros

• Warm
  • Not bulky
  • Super comfy
  • Hold their shape

Cons

• Little pricey

I am 5'7", 125lbs and I bought the mediums. They fit like a glove (well literally as they are next to skin). So comfy and non restricting, you barely notice you have them on.

I did a lot of research in my quest for super warm long johns and came to the conclusion that wool was going to be the warmest. I am not disappointed. The waistband is wider so they don't roll down as some other brands do.

I love being outdoors but don't like being cold so I layer up when the temperature drops here in Canada. On super cold days, like last winter when temps dropped to -45, I wore two pair of long johns with the Smartwool being the base layer — let's just say I didn't freeze up.

I also wear them for sleeping during summer camping trips as the temperature drops at night in the mountains. I've worn them so much this past year and they still look brand new! Excellent quality and worth the extra price tag.

Thanks for the review, Dianne. I'm like you--wearing baselayers all winter long.