Sorel Glacier

These boots almost cost me my life last weekend. i…

These boots almost cost me my life last weekend. i made my way on to a lake were i ran into 3 or 4  inches of water under the snow. water immediately flooded into my boots as i got of my snowmachine. at -35 below weather my feet instantly froze up were as i had no feeling or movement of my feet leaving me stranded on the lake for hours till a passerby came by & rescued me.

i have owned sorel for many years of trouble and trusting free. that's when the fight started. they are now made in china? this is disgusting that anybody would sell such a inferior product especially when you put trust in a product then this happens.

a very pissed off customer. dan vancaeyzeele

I bought these boots three years back, so I don't…

Price Paid: ?

I bought these boots three years back, so I don't quite remember what I paid for them, but I do remember that I bought these boots through Campmor since they had a good waranty on the boot.

Good thing I did, since not even a month after they arrived the seam at the heal busted open -this is where the rubber "foot box" meets the cloth "legging." Granted I was using these on a farm in the NH winter, but I feel they should have held up to the work.

Before the seam broke, they were in fact waterproof, granted because I remember more after the break I can't say for sure if the fabric was indeed waterproof.

One nice thing about these boots is that they had a removable foot liner, and man was this thing warm.

This was a good boot, since Campmor allowed me to send it back after the season for a full refund, however three years later, I have not gone back to this boot, but instead to BOGS boots, after many recommendations -who knows, there might be a review at a later point in time.

This is a survival boot. Not a walk to the park, or…

Materials: Rubber and other goodies.
Use: Clearing Ice and Snow. Backup Survival Boots for the Mountains during Winter.
Break-in Period: Umm....bout' 10 seconds tops...
Weight: Heavy..I dunno...geez, look it up in Google.

This is a survival boot. Not a walk to the park, or waltz around the shops when it's just below freezing. I mean, DUH..look at the design. Designed for door to door, or driving across town to the friend's house, snow sledding for miles or as backup boots whilst driving an hour to work when it's 20 below.

They are heavy. You get used to it, but, they are heavy. Once again..let's stress survival. When the penguins are cold, these are the bad boys to have on. Comfortable like all Sorels, great grip on ice and amazingly warm.

Style wise? Ha...I've read reviews where both men and women didn't like the "Look". Well, those will be the same people who get caught in a blizzard with a pair of boat shoes and a T-Shirt on. Intelligence is not always at the forefront.

I rate them a 5 star, for what they were designed for. The same boots are commonly seen around McMurdo Sound ( South -Arctic ) and Alaskan Villages at the top of the Planet.

No sequins, no fancy lace and no posers.

I use mine in Northern AZ when it snows and I have to clear snow and ice outside. I don't wear them to the shops, and I take them into the mountains as backups should I get caught out overnight. Hard to walk with frozen toes. Your call...

Visit Sorel's Glacier page.

CLOSEOUTS . Designed to perform in nature's coldest conditions, Sorel Glacier pac boots keep feet warm in temps as low as -100?F and feature a built-in gaiter top to lock out snow when drudging through deep drifts. Available Colors: TIMBERWOLF, BLACK. Sizes: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 11.5.

- Sierra Trading Post

The outdoorsman is often greeted with opportunities to wade through deep snow. Whether you're winter camping in the mountains, starting up the snow blower in a blizzard, or your kid throws his favorite toy off the railing of the snowy nature preserve, the Sorel Men's Glacier Boots will come in handy. A super-tough PU textile upper covers your entire calf to keep the snow out, and a fully rubber foot adds additional waterproof protection. A thick ThermoPlus felt inner boot fits inside the outer gaiter and insulates your feet against the cold. And AeroTrac outsoles prevent ice buildup under your shoes and maintain solid traction.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Sorel Men's Glacier Boot DECENT FEATURES of the Sorel Men's Glacier Boot Upper: Durable water and wind resistant PU backed synthetic textile upper. Built in gaiter with barrel lock closure system Insulation: Removable 13 mm ThermoPlus felt inner boot Midsole: 2.5 mm bonded felt frost plug. Removable 13 mm Sorel Meltdown midsole Outsole: Handcrafted waterproof vulcanized rubber shell with Sorel Aero-Trac non loading outsole The SPECS of the Sorel Men's Glacier Boot Weight: 42 oz / 1191 g

Get all the qualities you want in a snow boot with the Men's Sorel Glacier Snow Boot. This durable no-frills utility boot gives you maximum protection while dragging logs through the deep snow or building snow structures with the kids. With a wind and water resistant PU backed synthetic textile upper, a built-in gaiter and removable ThermoPlus felt innerboot, these big bad boots have you covered and protected from the elements. You can walk for miles in these sturdy snow boots, the AeroTrac non-loading outsole and removable midsole add cushion and support and the bonded felt frost plug will keep you extra warm when you punch through the really deep stuff. Slip em on, cinch em up and tromp through the snow until the cows come home, your feet wont feel a thing.

- Altrec Outdoors