Spyderco Delica4

I own a Spyderco Delica 4 Emerson Opener and am happy…

Price Paid: gift from a friend

I own a Spyderco Delica 4 Emerson Opener and am happy with this knife.

This knife I found very good, is easy handling, fits nicely in your hand, is strong and holds up to abuse.

For those who do not know, the wave system, patented by Emerson, is the hook or ledge to put on the back of the time so that when the knife out of his pocket, snaps and open as you are pulling them.

This system is probably the fastest there at the time of opening a knife from his pocket, even more than an assisted or automatic.

I use the plain edge version of this knife and it…

I use the plain edge version of this knife and it is great. I have three Sydercos and I use this one exclusively for work. I am in construction so it gets used and abused. It is one tough knife! I have had it in my pocket at work for about 4 years so it will stand the test of time.

The VG-10 is a great durable blade steel, not to hard to make sharpening a chore, or not to soft to loose its edge quickly. I keep on top of it with sharpening about every month or two. If you stay on top of it then it only takes about 10 minutes on the ceramic stone and its like brand new.

This is definitely a solid long lasting workhorse of a knife!

If you've owned or used a Spyderco Delica4, please share your experience.