User Review: Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $15
Great for lightweight hiking or compact car based BOB.
- Lid fits many pots, cups. GSI, Ozark trail cup, etc
- Stainless non coated, you can clean it with a handful of sand
- Locking handle
- Straining lid
- Just right amount of capacity
- Can't do fire cooking without modding the lid
- No bail for suspended cooking, but you can mod it :)
Love this thing! Its best use is heating water. Second best is heating canned items. Third best at noodles/rice/beans. Does not fry anything lol. If you caught a fish you will have to clean and dice it, but that may be just what you want to do to add to your rice.
Rice and noodles need attentive stirring to avoid burned bits. Not a big deal and it goes quick. Knorr brand dry soup mixes are my favorie. Mix in a little caught or shot protein and you're set! This is my go-to for spike camps and spur of the moment solo hikes
Search for the key ring mod and drill two holes for the ultimate in flexible cooking potential! Love it.
Would have given five out of five. Probably will if I can learn to poach my egg instead of fry.