SureFire 6P Original

My 6P lives in the fanny pack that holds my 357 magnum,…

Price Paid: Gift

My 6P lives in the fanny pack that holds my 357 magnum, shoulder holster and fully loaded speed strips. It is there because it’s reliable as a stone axe and I don’t use it for anything else. It gets a new set of batteries about once a year even if they don’t need replaced because I know that if I should need it in the dark of night, it will be ready to go.

This is the only flashlight I own that does not use NiMH batteries and you really want to use lithium for this light because of the shelf life. Very bright light with a good focused beam. Push button is easy to use in your left hand while you have your handgun in your right.

The SureFire 6P is a great looking flashlight that…

The SureFire 6P is a great looking flashlight that is super tough and ridiculously bright. This is my first SureFire and will most certainly not be my last. Will probably buy a G2 LED next.

The all aluminum construction has a nice feel in your hand and the beam is very well focused. Of course, as with all high-output incandescent flashlights, the batteries drain quickly and lithium batteries are very expensive. I waited way too long to buy a SureFire since I was afraid of spending so much on a flashlight, but they are well worth it.

SureFire 6P Original

The SureFire 6P Original is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 12, 2014 at Massey's Outfitters.

If you're looking for a new flashlight, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review