SureFire E2L Outdoorsman

I purchased this expensive flashlight gambling that…

Price Paid: Approx. $100

I purchased this expensive flashlight gambling that it would actually be worth the extra money. I was looking for the smallest and most durable flashlight I could find that would put out some real candle power.

Well this is it! Was my mainstay for a week in Glacier National Park's backcountry and showed me the way when I was being Bear Aware at night. Puts out amazing beam for its size. I'm a lifer now. The first thing I'll pack after my food and water. Do it.

When I received this light I wasn't sure what I was…

Price Paid: Free - Xmas gift

When I received this light I wasn't sure what I was going to use it for. It sure was small enough to be put in an emergency kit or glove box, but it was almost too powerful not to be used regularly.

This light has found a permanent home in a holster on the shoulder strap of my Search and Rescue pack. It is hella bright and its compact size allows it to be carried almost unnoticed until needed. I've used it to look for victims in dense wooded areas, and under wood piles and vehicles in urban settings. Others on my team are carrying 2-3 lb. 6v box-type lights that can't touch the brightness of this little marvel. They're jealous.

One aspect of this light that is a pro and a con is the size. I dropped it in the snow once and it just disappeared! Luckily I found it.

I would like to see this light offered in a brighter color for outdoor use - after all, it is called the " Outdoorsman." We're not all tactical police officers!

SureFire E2L Outdoorsman

The SureFire E2L Outdoorsman is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 10, 2014 at REI.

If you're looking for a new flashlight, check out the best reviewed current models.