Tecnica Tempo GTX

WOW!!!!!! all the way... Great styling, amazing fit,…

Materials: leather
Use: backpacking, hiking, fastpacking
Break-in Period: NONE
Weight: 2lb 14oz
Price Paid: USD 79.95

WOW!!!!!! all the way...

Great styling, amazing fit, uncomparable comfort from the get go, unique stability, advance technology that you will use and notice, durability and comfort off trail.

I am sorry for the overwhelming praise...but can not control myself from doing it.

Just finished a week long caving trip in PA in rugged and wet conditions. Also, carried a 50lb backpack for an overall 40-mile hike in hilly terrain, crossed streams in ankle high water--AND THIS BOOT DELIVERED THE BEST PERFORMANCE IN ALL DIFFERENT CONDITIONS.

Best fit I have ever worn. I took two boots for the above trip, one heavier pair of ASOLO Forclaz and the Tecnica Tempo. After three days of alternative use I found that the Forclaz is outclassed and outperformed by the Tempo, by a huge margin. I found myself sleeping in these boots.

Upper kept my feet completely dry, stream crossing became a fun game. Going uphill was effortless. And the powercore ensured my footing (I am very prone to twisting my ankles, age I guess) in every step in trails full of rocks and debries. Lacing is also very easy and simple.

EVA midsoe is extremely comfortable for a mid-weight boot. For the last few years I have worn Vasques and Asolos but this one definitely rates better.

Outsole: is very grippy and ensures footing on a variable terrain. also absorved bumps effortlessly. It's not as hard as other off trail outsoles (like vibram, stealth, asolos), which in long run may compromize the durability of the outsole.

Overall build: solid without being taxing on your feet. Surprisingly sturdy for the weight and sleek looks.

One thing that may not be the best for this line of shoes is the cushioning under the forefoot. But I did not feel any discomfort even after using the boots for eight long hours.

From now on TECNICA is my brand. They use the advancement in technology very cleverly to give you the edge in the outdoors. What I found is that a lighter weight Tecnica is at par with heavier weight boots of Vasque or Asolo in terms of performance. So for a backpacker or hiker you get extra advantage and save energy on long trips.

happy hiking/backpacking...

If you've owned or used a Tecnica Tempo GTX, please share your experience.

Tecnica Tempo GTX

The Tempo GTX has been discontinued.

The Tecnica Tempo GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.