Teva is an authentic icon in the outdoor industry.

Summary

Teva is an authentic icon in the outdoor industry. Founded in the early 1980s by a Colorado River guide, Teva pioneered the sport-sandal category. For more than 20 years on rivers, in canyons, and across the trails of the great outdoors, athletes and enthusiasts have traveled the globe comfortably and confidently in Teva footwear.

Providing positive contributions to the world in which we play is at the core of everything Teva stands for. The Teva name itself is a Hebrew word meaning "nature" and the hand logo is the Hopi symbol for "friendship" and "water."

Teva supports the outdoor athletic lifestyle and remains committed to innovation in outdoor performance footwear, the platforms which carry enthusiasts beyond the offices of the day-to-day and onto the rivers, trails, and canyons of the next adventure.

Pros

• Awesome looking
  • Cute
  • Waterproof
  • Durable rubber
  • Many colors available
  • Hook and loop closure

Cons

• May be too narrow
  • Need more arch support
  • May need duct tape
  • Can become uncomfortable and rub on pinky toe
  • Velcro can catch onto polyester webbing

Teva Universal Flat sandal is sporty, stylish, and perfect for all of your casual weekend adventures.

I bought these sandals @ DSW because I like the look of these, but found that the size are not perfect and needed a size larger, no half sizes. They are comfortable nonetheless. It is much better than the "thong" which eventually cause irritation between the toes.

They are easy to wear but eventually remind me of a cheap pair of shoes from the beach section at a grocery store. The box it comes in is nice and shipping weight is 1.4 lbs.

Ive only had these sandals for a few weeks and worn them a few times. I thought I was gonna love these shoes a lot but seems like the sole needs more arch support. My weight from walking in the sandal has made the rubber broke in kinda sink like denting the sole.

I'm not sure if these are made from recycled rubber but they are not exactly made of memory foam. The sole is man made so not leather or natural rubber. It has been glued together. Guess it all depends on how you walk. Someone told me I can make repairs with seam sealer.

I don't recommend wearing these sandals for trail hiking. Great for walking on the beach or in a park. The bottom does not have much traction and the rubber is not durable enough for boundary waters. The webbing upper can get wet but takes a very long time to dry. Depends on the person and the humidity.

I think these sandals were designed for a sporty look but the quality and craftsmanship is poor. If you aren't careful and wear these shoes on more than a trip to the park or walk in the mall you will need to bring duct tape to keep the sandals a float.

I like these sandals because they fit like a dream! Can adjust the polyester webbing upper using the Velcro. These sandals have no buckles. Can also adjust to wear socks. I like sandals during the summer months to keep my feet from sweating and developing athletes foot. Some say the front strap across the toes are in the wrong place so it hurts other people's feet cause they are narrow, but they fit my feet well.

Some people like to jazz up their sandals by sewing turquoise beads n such across the straps. I like mine just the way they are. Iv'e also been told that the straps can eventually stretch and the Velcro can become worn out. They are just not strong enough for rugged terrain. I think rocks and foreign material will dent the rubber sole and will fall apart .

They are my new go-to-day off shoe. My glamorized flip flops. I want these sandals to hold up thru the summer with lots of punishing wear.

Daniel Oates

B, I have a pair of Teva Toachi II and I love. They have more of a sneaker sole compared to your pair, but they have treated me well over the past two years. Some of these newer Teva styles are going more for the Chaco-type look. Thanks for the review! Keep us posted how they fare over the long run.

B. Frost

Your right! Not sure if I will be wearing these too much longer, I went out & bought a pair of Chaco. Think I may trust my new Chacos a lot more... (winks)* keep ya posted!

Thanks for the review. I like how you coordinated your toe nails with the sandal. ;)

B. Frost

thanks ! you wanna know a secret? I haven't changed my toenail polish color in over 8 years. Ive been using the same color. lol

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Original Universal versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Original Universal. Read all reviews »