The North Face Atmosphere Jacket - Men's

Weight 413 g / 12.2 oz
Fabric 50D 86 g / sq m (2.54 oz / sq yd) 100% Nylon Faile, DWR Finish
Lining Mesh

The best breathable waterproof shell I haved ever…

Fabric: Light - Fast from the makers of Gore-tex

The best breathable waterproof shell I haved ever purchased! Ideal for backpacking when conditions are wet and windy. Lightweight and easy to pack at only 18.5 ounces! Kept me dry as a bone for three days of rain and wind. During colder weather, used as an outer shell combined with a capilene base and a polartec 200 mid-layer, you have the ultimate gear in staying dry and warm during the worst weather! Highly recommend for serious backpackers who are worried about weight and staying dry. I will not leave home without this garment.

A fair jacket, nothing amazing. Improved styling that…

Fabric: Gore-Tex LightFast

A fair jacket, nothing amazing. Improved styling that is hardly seen in the North Face. The jacket has similar styling to Arc'Teryx jackets but this is no Arc'Teryx. I own a Theta AR and this is a backup. I wore this jacket for three months and it held up for most conditions.

Breathability is not comparable to Arc'Teryx and though durability of the Gore-Tex fabric is almost comparable. Also, this jacket feels much heavier than Arc'Teryx Theta AR. I call this a cheap knock-off to Arc'Teryx's short and slim fitting jackets. Just at least it is made out of Gore-Tex and not Hyvent. I wish it has better fit. Save your money and buy Arc'Teryx instead.