The North Face Atmosphere Jacket

Weight 413 g / 12.2 oz
Fabric 50D 86 g / sq m (2.54 oz / sq yd) 100% Nylon Faile, DWR Finish
Lining Mesh

The best breathable waterproof shell I haved ever…

Fabric: Light - Fast from the makers of Gore-tex

The best breathable waterproof shell I haved ever purchased! Ideal for backpacking when conditions are wet and windy. Lightweight and easy to pack at only 18.5 ounces! Kept me dry as a bone for three days of rain and wind. During colder weather, used as an outer shell combined with a capilene base and a polartec 200 mid-layer, you have the ultimate gear in staying dry and warm during the worst weather! Highly recommend for serious backpackers who are worried about weight and staying dry. I will not leave home without this garment.

A fair jacket, nothing amazing. Improved styling that…

Fabric: Gore-Tex LightFast

A fair jacket, nothing amazing. Improved styling that is hardly seen in the North Face. The jacket has similar styling to Arc'Teryx jackets but this is no Arc'Teryx. I own a Theta AR and this is a backup. I wore this jacket for three months and it held up for most conditions.

Breathability is not comparable to Arc'Teryx and though durability of the Gore-Tex fabric is almost comparable. Also, this jacket feels much heavier than Arc'Teryx Theta AR. I call this a cheap knock-off to Arc'Teryx's short and slim fitting jackets. Just at least it is made out of Gore-Tex and not Hyvent. I wish it has better fit. Save your money and buy Arc'Teryx instead.

The North Face Men's Atmosphere Jacket

The North Face Men's Atmosphere Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 30, 2013 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.