Comfort Range - 25° F (- 32° C)

Fell apart!!! Sub standard materials. Made in China....enough…

Fell apart!!! Sub standard materials. Made in China....enough said.

• Warm while they lasted, which wasn't long

• Fall apart

I never had a really nice, warm pair of boots so I finally spent the money on The North Face boots. LOVED them as my feet were finally warm when out in the snow. That is until today when I am about 2 miles from home and look down at what I thought was snow on the toe of my boot till I realized it was the lining because the rubber broke apart.

These are about 3-4 years old and stored indoors!!! These have been worn several times a year as we don't get too much snow in Missouri. I was not pleased that my left foot was wet and cold by the time I got home.

I am reading that this happened to a lot of people and sounds like The North Face does not care. I have purchased my LAST North Face product of any kind. Sorel has a great looking boot. Maybe I will try those.

NO reason the rubber should fall apart like that. My dad had rubber on his boots back in the '50s and '60s and they never cracked. He probably got 20 years of wear out of them.

Seriously folks, there are many nice brands out there. Avoid The North Face everything.

Welcome to Trailspace, Laura. Sorry to hear about your boots. I'm not familiar with your boots, but have you tried to contact TNF. If not a full replacement, they may offer you a discount on a new pair of boots.

Welcome to Trailspace, Laura. I'm sorry to hear your boots fell apart. If you have a picture of the failure, it would be super helpful for others to see that in your review. Good luck on finding a replacement.

A very nice boot for hiking through snow. Fits perfect.

Price Paid: 120 euro

A very nice boot for hiking through snow. Fits perfect. Ideal in combination with gaiters for leg-deep snow. Not designed for all-year-round hiking (without snow).

• Warm, comfortable, not sweaty = dry
  • Designed for low temperatures
  • No snow or melted snow enters in the boots
  • High enough

• The lacing hooks could have been made of higher quality material.
  • After mounting for a few hours, the shoe causes some heel pain.

White North Face Chilkat II boots - Dec 2013.
North Face Chilkat II boots - January Iceland 2016