The North Face Circumference TriClimate Jacket

Wow one of the rarest of steep tech items since no…

Fabric: combination
Fill: combination

Wow one of the rarest of steep tech items since no stores actually carry it and so many people are selling fake ones on ebay. After two fakes, I finally got a real one in my size and color black medium. It's great, It's two layers and the vest has a pouch that you can put a hydration pouch in, but does not come with one.

It's not a shell jacket like the apogee steep tech, so it keeps you warm. The vest is really useful, and in my opinions comparable to the Heli vest. If you're lucky enough to find one since I've never ever seen one on the East Coast in any North Face carrying store, buy it!

Honestly, I should wait awhile before writing this…

Fabric: hyvent
Fill: synthentic insulation

Honestly, I should wait awhile before writing this review because I just got the jacket, but since there are zero reviews for it, I will at least write up my initial thoughts about it for others to have something to base a decision off of.

I don't know why nobody owns this jacket... I see quite a few available on ebay, new with tags, but can't find a single vendor selling it anywhere else.

Now about the jacket: The zippers are strange, having to zip one up the middle and then the outer vest off center takes a little getting use to. The jacket is quite warm, people who complained about the other steep-tech jackets not being warm enough are crazy. It's a very warm shell style jacket.

The hand pockets on the vest are a little small. Mine seemed to have lots of thread scraps left over in the seams, just minor.. as they easily are removed.

As I said, it's not much of a review yet as I just got the coat off ebay and have only worn it a couple times, haven't hit the slopes or done any snowshoeing with it yet. I'll write another review once I've actually tested the jacket but initially, it feels up to TNF quality. The materials are strong and it's reinforced in areas that you would assume get the most wear, elbows, shoulders, etc.

The backpack thingy is kind of strange, I took it off immediately because it gets hung up when I climb into my car and I didn't want to risk ripping it off. I'm sure it will be useful when skiing though.

The North Face Circumference TriClimate Jacket

The Circumference TriClimate Jacket has been discontinued.

The North Face Circumference TriClimate Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 18, 2008 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new component (3-in-1) jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.