The North Face Dhaulagiri GTX

WOMEN'S DHAULAGIRI GTX® 1. Worst product name ever.

Materials: Gore-tex
Use: Wilderness backcountry hiking
Break-in Period: 35 hours and not broken in yet.

WOMEN'S DHAULAGIRI GTX®

1. Worst product name ever. This is how my phone conversation goes at the Store: 'Do you have this hiking boot...the...well it starts with DHA..."
The store clerk: "yeah, I know that one, no one knows how to say it either".

Why would you call something that NO ONE will know how to say? This boot is known as the "other" OMEGA-3 vitamin.

2. Worst blisters in womankind ever. Blisters originated from the achillles heel of my foot. Upon further inspection found an exposed zigzag stitch on the inside of this hiking boot where my achilles heel was hitting. Of course this being a hot pressure point when climbing up granite boulders and mtn ridges, how come this is exposed? All other shoes/hiking boots seem to have their internal stitches covered. Especially in the friction zone areas.

3. Metal pins for the ankle support actually dug into my ankle bone and caused much bruising and pain. Understood these pins were meant for stability and rigidity but in real life, they were more painful and useless than being helpful. Worse was when I had to climb vertical/downhill - the pins just dug right into my legs, no way to even flex them out.

4. After 35 hrs of true hiking time, you would think that these boots would finally break in to their comfort zone, absolutely not. They got worse the more I wore them... Bigger Blisters, more unnecessary friction on my achilles heel and metal pins not conforming to my foot/leg.

I wished I spent my money on a true hiking boot company and not someone so junior in their experience and product. This boot would have been perfect for...nothing.

Backpacking in the wilderness at Sequoia National Park is not where you would want these hiking boots. This was the difference in a 12 hr hike vs. a 7 hr hike back to camp. Due to so many problems and actual injuries to my feet/leg, it took me longer than normal to reach my destination.

rated 2.00 of 5 stars All Dhaulagiri GTX versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 6 reviews for other versions of the Dhaulagiri GTX. Read all reviews »

The North Face Women's Dhaulagiri GTX

The Women's Dhaulagiri GTX has been discontinued.

The North Face Women's Dhaulagiri GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 18, 2010 at Campmor.