The North Face Esker Ridge

I really like these trail shoes, comfy and solid at…

Materials: Nubuck leather and fabric uppers, UltrATAC™ rubber outsoles
Use: dayhikes to weekenders
Break-in Period: 0 - 1 days
Weight: 15 oz

I really like these trail shoes, comfy and solid at the same time. I enjoyed them right out of the box, slapped them on went on a 4 mile hike. My feet were happy but my soles wished I had worn better socks -- duh. I have since worn them for daily walks and a few dayhikes. They are very supportive for how light they are.

I have small duck feet and these held my heel snug while giving my toes room to groove. Seems to run small; I wear a 6.5 - 7 and these are an 8 and fit divine.

The North Face Women's Esker Ridge Mid is an excellent shoe for mid weight hikers. You'll have plenty of support for loads around 25 pounds with the 2/3 steel shank and lots of traction on the steepest trails with the TNF Trail Grip outsole. An AgION anti-microbial lining keeps the funk off your feet and a rubberized leather toecap will increase the life of that high abuse area. The Women's Esker Ridge Mid has a narrower heel cup to combat heel-lift problems and a softer flex for added comfort.

- Backcountry Outlet

Lightweight, low-cut hiker suitable for light hiking with loads of up to 25 lbs. Avg Weight : 1 lbs 14 oz (0 kg) Last : Hiking AgION Antimicrobial A silver agent woven into the footbed inhibits the growth of odors and disease-causing bacteria. UltraTAC™ Rubber Outsole Compound Proprietary traction system that grips in wet and dry conditions. X-2™ Cushioning Embedded in high impact areas, the heel andor forefoot areas, lightweight, durable X-2™ cushioning ensures a well-cushioned ride and enables an energy-efficient stride. Features* Lightweight, low-cut hiker suitable for light hiking with loads of up to 25 lbs. * UPPER 1.6-1.8 mm nubuck leather upper * 1.6-1.8 mm fine-nap suede underlays * Abrasion-resistant textile * AgION™ antimicrobial X-2™ footbed * Gusseted tongue * BOTTOM Die-cut EVA in forefoot and heel * 23-length steel-shank insert * UltrATAC™ rubber cupsole

- Massey's Outfitters

The North Face Womens Esker Ridge is an excellent choice for weekend hikers who want a low-top shoe.

The Esker Ridge is a lightweight, low-cut hiker suitable for light hiking with loads up to 25 pounds.

- Altrec Outdoors

The North Face Women's Esker Ridge

The Women's Esker Ridge has been discontinued.

The North Face Women's Esker Ridge is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 15, 2008 at Backcountry Outlet.