The North Face Him 35

Canopy Fabric 40D 240T Nylon Ripstop
Fly Fabric 75D 185T Polyester Ripstop Coated with 1500 mm PU
Floor Fabric 70D 210T Nylon Taffeta Coated with 10000 mm PU
Floor Area 37 cu ft / 3.4 sq m
Vestibule Area 11 sq ft / 1.0 sq m (Front), 4 sq ft / 0.4 sq m (Rear)

After camping in the North Face VE 25 (nice tent),…

Design: 4 season
Ease of Setup: very easy set up
Weight: no problems setting the set up at all
Price Paid: $375 shipped

After camping in the North Face VE 25 (nice tent), I decided to try out the HIM 35 from NF. This tent is such a well planned out and built tent. I am very impressed with the overall design.

The main door is about 7" taller than the VE 25. The HIM 35 has much better ventilation than the VE 25. The front vestibule is large allowing easier access in and out of the tent for us older campers than the VE 25. I am also very impressed with the new lift technology really seems to make for a rock solid tent.

I have had this tent in very strong winds, actually a tornado touched down less than 20 miles from where I was camped. The HIM 35 felt very solid and secure through out the whole storm, very comforting tent when mother nature unleashes the worst of weather conditions.

Very good design and ease of use. Interior vents and…

Design: 4 season freestanding w/ 2 vestible
Ease of Setup: very easy
Weight: 10 lb
Price Paid: 600 bucks & worth it

Very good design and ease of use. Interior vents and mesh and glow in the dark zipper pulls. Front vestibule is like a living room, rear is a back porch. Snow flaps on vestibules keep rain and dew out. Fly only pitch with footprint.

A most comfortable tent for two people and gear. Three would be cozy. I think of this as a two person and gear tent. A nice shelter. Not something to carry, it is heavy. But worth it at basecamp. More on this later.

I have had this tent now for about 6 months and love…

Price Paid: $350 - outlet

I have had this tent now for about 6 months and love it. I tried the Mountain 25 and immediately returned it after setting it up in my garage. Just too small. I like winter camping and need the extra gear room plus extra height so I can change FAST in sub zero weather.

Ventilation options are great once you learn them. There are so many flaps and zippers, I couldn't imaging any time when you couldn't get perfect airflow. I had 2 weekends in January and each got into single digits at night. By the end of the 2nd weekend, my inside was frost free.

Setting it up is... OK. After about 15 times, I really have it down and I mark things myself with colored cable ties. The instructions stink and you cannot find tips anywhere on the internet.  PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd buy this thing 10 times over. Great storage, vestibule rocks, very sound and tight when setup and just a comfort knowing it'll take most of what weather will dish out.

Update: November 24, 2011

I had intended to use my other summer tent in hot weather but decided to take this for a spin in summer. AWESOME. Because it is designed for rough conditions, I assumed it would be hotter in summer.

1st- It's yellow which may help a little but mostly, it has so may ventilation options and the fly is
also so well vented, I can configure it to catch most any breeze yet know I am also ready should Mother Nature do what Mother Nature does best - Test You!

The one thing I did need to change was add a little extra cord to the fly's mid-tent stake out. It is too short to pull it out away from the tent and still stake. Just bring 3 feet of parachute cord and you’re good.

Also, the tent has a rain skirt around the vestibule area (great touch) that I tuck in and up so I get can airflow even through these areas.

One thing I did notice more in summer was how short the tent is. I'm only 5'8" but got a great deal on an EXPED Synmat 9LW (long and wide). It's 77.5" long and just fits. I guess I still harbor old camping fears of touching the sides of the canvas tents in rain so it shouldn't matter in current, double walled tents. Maybe I never noticed it in all my winter camping because I have so many layers under me that I just assumed I'd be wall to wall.

So, so far, it has proved well ventilated and comfortable in 10 below zero to 92 above PLUS I get the added benefit of knowing it will take a ton of Mom Nature's excitement. I really don't know why North Face discontinued it.

Visit The North Face's Him 35 page.

When you're setting up camp at 17,000 feet in whiteout conditions, fumbling with the poles is not an option. The Him 35 is designed to perform in the worst conditions nature has to offer, and is used by our team of top alpinists on major expeditions. Incorporating cutting-edge technology, this expedition tent utilizes reinforced construction and multidirectional lift technology to ensure safety, warmth, and protection for three explorers in merciless environs.

- The North Face

An expedition tent with reinforced construction for performance in merciless environs, The North Face Him 35 ensures safety, warmth, and protection for three explorers.

- EMS

When you’re setting up camp at 17,000 feet in whiteout conditions, fumbling with the poles is not an option. The North Face Him 35 is designed to perform in the worst conditions nature has to offer, and is used by their team of top alpinists on major expeditions. Incorporating cutting-edge technology, this expedition tent utilizes reinforced construction and multidirectional lift technology to ensure safety, warmth, and protection for three explorers in merciless environs.TNF Him 35 Specs: Capacity (persons): 3 Weight: 10 lb. 14 oz. Dimensions: 84" x 60" x 45" Floor Area: 37 sq. ft. Vestibule Area: 11 sq. ft. + 4 sq. ft. Freestanding? Yes Poles: 3 + 2 Doors: 2

- OMCgear

On Sale. Free Shipping. The North Face Him 35 - 3 Person Tent (Fall 2009 Discontinued) The Him 35 Tent by the North Face is an expedition-worthy, three-person tent with multi-directional lift technology to withstand extremes.Specifications: [Capacity] 3 [Avg Weight] trail: 10 lbs 1 oz (4.57 kg) total: 10 lbs 14 oz (4.94 oz) [Poles] number: 3+2 diameter: 10.25 mm, 9.6 mm, 9.0 mm [Stuffed Size] 24in. x 8in. (60 cm x 20 cm) [Fabric] canopy: 40 denier, 240T nylon ripstop; fly: 75 denier, 185T polyester ripstop coated with 1500 mm PU; floor: 70 denier, 210T nylon taffeta coated with 10,000 mm PU [Area] 37 ft2 (3.4 m2) [Vestibule Area] front: 11 ft2 (1.0 m2) rear: 4 ft2 (0.4 m2)Features: DAC Featherlite NSL aluminum poles Fusion pitch combines pole sleeves and clips Fly pole set with hub for lift venting Hoop vestibule pole on front vestibule Taped nylon taffeta true bucket floor Color-coded canopy and flysheet webbing High-low venting with mesh screens and internal zip closure Dual doors Durable polyurethane window, cold-crack tested to -60degF Multiple guy-points Reflective guyline loops and glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls No-stretch Kevlar guylines with camming adjuster Fly-only pitching Compatible with The North Face Gear Loft #1 Internal pockets Compression stuffsack includedThis product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The North Face Him 35

The North Face Him 35 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 11, 2012 at The North Face.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.