The North Face HyVent Hiker Hat

I am a 40 year avid surfer in Florida. With a thinning…

Fabric: Nylon

I am a 40 year avid surfer in Florida. With a thinning and receding hairline, four to six hours in the water blisters everything. The round top and strap allows for the wipeouts that always occur. The hat is over four years old and is just now showing wear.

Great product, I would buy two just in case they decide to eliminate this product.

Darrell

Bought this hat for field work and it performed great.

Bought this hat for field work and it performed great. I was worried about the fleece head band lining around the inside keeping me a little warm but it soaks up sweat and helps.

As far as rain protection, I noticed that it works well for a little while but after long periods in the rain, the hat appears to get soaked with rain and the brim beings to sag and drip water onto your face/collar.

The hat is durable though. I just pulled it out of the closet to do this review and it looks close to the first day I bought it. Sun protection is good. I never noticed a sunburn while wearing the hat.

The North Face HyVent Hiker Hat

The HyVent Hiker Hat has been discontinued.

The North Face HyVent Hiker Hat is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 12, 2016 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new rain hat, check out the best reviewed current models.

Congratulations, Sheila, Winner of a Year's Worth of Nikwax