The North Face Inversion

I have had this pack for a little over 7 years, numerous…

Design: top and front loading
Size: 6000+
Max. Load Carried: 75+ lbs
Height of Owner: 5'9"

I have had this pack for a little over 7 years, numerous trips and besides the first trip, have not had a problem!! The first trip was just 3 days of hiking around my neighborhood with it loaded up to break it (and me) in. That got the waistbelt fitting and the rest of the straps and stays to where I needed them.
this is an excellent bag!! Swallows everything, great balance when done right. I can fit EVERYTHING inside, the tent, camp mat, sleeping bag, you name it!

I like the lower area separated from the top, I can then place my down bag in a trash bag and load in any other things that HAVE to stay dry.

The detachable fanny pack works well for storing cooking supplies. Detach and you can have dinner started while you finish setting up camp.

Overall the best bag I have owned. I got it as a gift from an aunt that worked for TNF, so she knew what to get.

If you can find one, get it!!

A very comfortable capable pack. Construction quality…

Design: Hybrid top/panel loader
Size: 5000
Number of Pockets: 7
Max. Load Carried: 45 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 9"
Price Paid: $265 USD

A very comfortable capable pack. Construction quality and materials are very good. Micro-fit adjustable suspension is excellent. The bag has a narrow profile which is good for tight spaces. This is one of the best bags TNF has produced for general backpacking. Classic design, fully featured pack. Complaints: the hip belt could be a tad softer.

Great hybridloading pack. I recommend it highly if…

Design: Internal
Size: 5000-6000
Number of Pockets: 5
Max. Load Carried: 40-50
Height of Owner: 5' 11"

Great hybridloading pack. I recommend it highly if you can find it for what I paid. The only complaint is that the sleeping bag compartment zipper isn't quite long enough. I took it to the Smokies this past December and it made a 45 pound load very bearable when going up and down some incredible hills (mountains).

The North Face Inversion

The Inversion has been discontinued.

The North Face Inversion is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new expedition pack (4,500+ cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.