User Review: The North Face Minibus 33
Design: four poles, almost vertical walls, 3 season freestanding
Ease of Setup: EASY! Says sleeps three but two is more comfortable. Great solo tent!
Weight: forgot this
Price Paid: personal
Though a bit high priced for the average backpacker (beginners), this is the tent that you want to have.
1. The tent itself is almost 87 percent 'net', while the fly is waterproof, breathable material. The tent is very private, yet very light, and extremely easy to put together.
2. Color- I would ask for a different color. The limish green just does not hit it off with me. But, hey , it is a tent, you won't be staring at the color all day. The ads show a blue tent -net. But the fly is greenish.
3. LIGHT - Well, if you are doing car-camping this is a light tent. If you are hiking miles and miles and miles, you might want a lighter, perhaps a solo tent which this is not. Personally, I love the space in this tent.
4. Yes, I put it together right in the store, in EMS. Ha, I put it together wrong, without reading the directions but even that -was okay. It just looked funny, with the top of the tent sagging in a bit. Readjusted with the help of a salesperson, and this tent is awesome!
5. Durability: It feels flimsy due to its lightness. After all most of the tent is net, all net except for a small portion at the bottom of the tent. I have not tested this tent in the field yet. But it does APPEAR to be waterproof, windproof and just an all-around good tent.
6. How? I arrived at the store EMS by accident while looking for an REI store. I was looking for the Nemo Losi 3p, and once I saw the tent there in person (At EMS), I realized that there was just not enough headroom in the Nemo tent. I chose the minibus -to set up and look at in the store.
You want a great tent? Buy this one. I would recommend buying from a store or buying from somewhere you see it in person. I highly hesitate buying this tent used or from Ebay since it APPEARS fragile. I imagine if someone treats this tent roughly,it could easily tear, rip or be damaged.
This is not the tent for kids, only for adults.
Great tent all around. Though quite expensive, it is well worth the money.