User Review: The North Face Mountain 25
Design: 4 season freestanding expedition tent
Weight: 8 lbs 9 oz
Price Paid: $399
Great 4 season tent. In the summer it can be set up without the fly, or it can be set up using only the fly and the foot print.
It's too heavy though. 4 pounds could easily be saved if North Face would redesign the tent slightly. I would like to suggest:
1. Make the tent as a single wall using a 3 layer Gore-Tex Pro Shell or HyVent Alpha (the fly could be saved)
2. Move the poles to inside the tent (the 4 pole sleeves could be saved, and perhaps 2 poles)
3. Change the design slightly, so that it would pitch perfectly with 2 poles
4. Consider saving excess features such as the 4 pockets
5. Redesign the vent system to save zippers
6. Decrease the width slightly to save weight
7. Great ventilation for 4 season use
That would make it a very lightweight 4 season 2 person expedition tent. Perhaps it would be another model.
Where to Buy
Compare prices from 11 outdoor retailers: