The North Face Mountain Bib

You know that one piece of gear that you live in fear…

You know that one piece of gear that you live in fear of losing? The one that wakes you up in cold sweats thinking you've lost it? The one that's like an old trusty dog, always by your side, just keeps on truckin. This is it. Hands down the best thing I own. My fiancee knows that if our house was burning down I'd go back for her, my dogs and these pants.....not necessarily in that order! Just kidding.

I got them off a friend who rarely used them for around $150 I think. Looking back now I feel like I stole from him at that price. Not sure exactly how long I've owned them, probably about 5 years, and they have never once wetted out, let snow in, let wind in. I wear them almost every day in winter, which in Canada is about 6 months.

The fit is slim and if your a little wider I don't think they'd be for you. I love the full length leg zippers, back zipper and fly, you pretty much have access to get at whatever you need!, if you know where I'm going with that.

If you ever see these available, buy them. Better yet, let me know and I'll buy them as a backup for mine.

That's the greatest pants/bibs, you could buy in a…

Fabric: 2-Ply Gore-tex
Price Paid: $494.99 CAN

That's the greatest pants/bibs, you could buy in a life time. First of all, it's breathable. Second, whatever the movement you want to do, it'll follow you. Third, no air can penetrate it with his full velcro sid zipper cover. Fourth, it has a "back" ziper that can be really usefull for "biological needs". Finally, it doesn't matter if you're a little "chubby".

The North Face Mountain Bib

The Mountain Bib has been discontinued.

The North Face Mountain Bib is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at US Outdoor Store.

If you're looking for a new hard shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.