The North Face NSE Tent Bootie

I have used these booties in cold weather as well…

Use: camping in cold/mild weather
Break-in Period: none
Weight: feather weight

I have used these booties in cold weather as well as mild summer nights and they are the best footwear I use. For use around camp they are comfortable, warm in 17 degree weather without socks and easy to slip on and off during the night when time is of essence.

They hold up really well, better than I expected and I will be purchasing another pair in the short future.
I cannot say enough about this item.

Overall these booties perform as expected, but I am…

Overall these booties perform as expected, but I am very curious about the insulation. They are advertised as down booties, and there is some down in these things (judging by the feathers that come through the nylon) but I think it is negligible; it appears the bulk of the insulation is synthetic. They do not have the characteristics of a down product.

Maybe one of our retailers/gear testers will be willing to cut them open to find out? I think I will go with Feathered Friends for my next pair. When I do I will cut mine open and let you know.

The North Face Men's NSE Tent Bootie

The Men's NSE Tent Bootie has been discontinued.

The North Face Men's NSE Tent Bootie is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2011 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new bootie, check out the best reviewed current models.