The North Face Nunatak

Have used this pack on a near daily basis for the…

Have used this pack on a near daily basis for the past 2 years for everything from lugging my books and laptop around campus, to carrying the essentials for day hiking and short camping trips and it still looks like it did the day I bought it.

It is a very comfortable pack and I absolutely love the look of it (I have the green one). Couldn't ask for a better pack for the price, very versatile.

This is a great and comfortable book bag. These days…

This is a great and comfortable book bag. These days it isn't easy to find one especially in black. I use this book bag for school and it is awesome.

I won't say that this is the best backpack I've ever…

I won't say that this is the best backpack I've ever owned, but I will say it is the most versatile daypack I've ever used. My girlfriend and I normally keep this packed with day outing items that are well suited to a state park visit or a trip to the beach with our 9-year-old boy. Sunscreen, bug spray, flashlights, field guide, fire starters, hand sanitizer first aid kit and many other items have an almost permanent home inside this back. To that end the many different compartments suit us very well to keep items organized and it still has ample space to throw whatever else we will be needing for the day into the pack.

As far as the versatility goes I pushed this pack's limits by taking it on a 2-day trip up Old Speck Mountain in Maine, located on one of the most difficult parts of the Appalachian trail. Not an easy hike by any means, especially considering that I'm in bad shape and almost 100 lbs overweight. I had my sleeping bag, pad and tent lashed to the outside and it rode very well considering its intended purpose. My new Gregory Baltoro 70 will be used on future outings of that nature but it was fun to get all of my gear lashed on to such a small backpack and complete a very difficult overnight hike with it.

I got this on sale for around $50. Money well spent. No regrets here.

As you crest the edge of hill or mountaintop amid a sheet of ice, keep your small Nunatak Backpack from The North Face in tow for short jaunts from your Greenland base camp. You'll have room to stow your navigation equipment and an extra coat if you need it, plus additional space for your hydration system in the hydration port.

- Mountain Gear

- Ramsey Outdoor

Description of The North Face Nunatek Backpack Get your laptop to base camp or keep hydrated on an all day hike - the Nunatak backpack has you covered. A main compartment with universal padded laptop sleeve and hydration port keeps you on the move comfor

- US Outdoor Store

Main compartment with universal padded sleeve and hydration port. BackSaver bottom panel. Laminated back panel with breathable mesh. Small mesh pocket on shoulder strap. Tuck-away hip belt. Small stash pocket with water-resistant zipper on front. Front pocket with organizer. Dual mesh side water bottle pockets with reinforcement. Number of pockets: 5 Made of 420 D nylon, 1680 D Ballistics. Size: 19 in. x 13 in. x 8 in. Weight: 2lbs. 3 oz. Capacity: 1850 cu. in.

- Campmor

The true story of badass explorers from six different nations who battled minus 125 degrees Fahrenheit temps and navigated across 100-foot-deep crevasses is pretty damn inspiring. The North Face logo on the Nunatak Backpack commemorates the 1990 Trans-Antarctica crossing. Even though your backpack full of work, school, or day-hiking gear doesn't really equal the amount of weight you'd be carrying for 220 days of frigid travel, the Nunatak still provides a back-saving panel that distributes your load, a tuck-away hip belt for days when you're carrying less, and a breathable mesh back panel.

- Backcountry Outlet

The North Face Nunatak

The Nunatak has been discontinued.

The North Face Nunatak is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.