The North Face Nuptse 2 Jacket - Men's

Weight 24.34 oz / 690 g
Body Fabric 50D 64 g / sq m (1.9 oz / sq yd) Mini-Ripstop Weave Nylon
Abrasion Fabric 50D 64 g / sq m (1.9 oz / sq yd) Plain Weave Nylon, DWR Finish
Insulation 700 Fill Goose Down

This jacket is not as warm as advertised, especially…

This jacket is not as warm as advertised, especially in arms. It is not wind-proof. The jacket is good if it is not real cold (below 25) and not windy.

• Zips into TNF shells

• Not as warm as advertised, esp in arms
  • No vest pocket inside or out. Find myself reaching for one constantly
  • Not even a light, zip into collar hood
  • Not windproof

I got the XL and it fits true to size, seems to be well made, except for lack of down in arms.  I wanted a warm, windproof down jacket and it seems to have great reviews. Maybe these are true for the original version.

I got the new Nuptse II, have had it for a few months and used in 35 to zero degree windchill. Have zipped it into my Vortex shell (which I love). This helps some with warmth and windproofing but not a whole lot. To stay really warm I have even worn my LL Bean 850 down jacket underneath the shell and Nuptse.  This works well, but is very bulky.

Maybe I will save up for the NF Himalayan....  NF is usually outstanding in my experience.

The North Face Men's Nuptse 2 Jacket

The North Face Men's Nuptse 2 Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 24, 2016 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review