The North Face Nuptse Fur III

There were not a lot of reviews on these boots and…

Use: casual wear in cold weather and snow

There were not a lot of reviews on these boots and the ones I did find said that they ran a half size big. I normally wear a 6.5, so I ordered a size 6 and they were too small. My foot fit in it, but my toes were at the very end with not a millimeter to spare.

As much as I paid for them, I didn't want to take the chance that they would stretch over time, so I sent them back and ordered a 6.5. They fit, but they do feel a little loose, so don't expect a lot of foot and arch support. Even so, they are very comfortable and warm and I prefer the loose feel over the tight fit, as it leaves room for thick socks. They are even comfortable enough to wear around the house.

When I wore them outside in the snow, I slipped a little when trying to pull my daughter around the yard on a sled (compared to no slipping with work-style boots). We just have slight inclines in our yard, so the traction control left a little to be desired, but they kept my feet dry and overall I love the comfort and warmth that they provide.

The North Face Nuptse Fur III

The Nuptse Fur III has been discontinued.

The North Face Nuptse Fur III is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2011 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new bootie, check out the best reviewed current models.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016