The North Face Pivotal 60

I've used this pack now for about 18 months and trekked…

Design: top and side loading internal frame pack
Size: Large - (60 liters?)
Max. Load Carried: 55 lbs
Height of Owner: 6 ft, 172 lbs

I've used this pack now for about 18 months and trekked over 200 miles. It's been loaded up to about 55 pounds. The pivotal design is ingenious and definitely kept me from falling on several occasions when I lost my footing on rocky terrain in the Sierra. I am certain that I would have fallen with a rigid (non-pivoting) pack.

It's got plenty of room, handy pockets on the sides with good weatherizing flaps over the zippers. I like that the entire top piece detaches and can be used as a fanny pack for short hikes or fishing jaunts. The pack can be loaded from the top or the side. The pivot design is adjustable for several inches, if necessary.

It has large pouches at the bottom to hold extra water bottles, thermarest foldable chair, fishing pole, etc. There are many adjusting straps at the top and on the hip belt to get just the right fit. Also has internal pouch for holding a water blatter with an eyelet for the piping.

Only downside is that there is a rather flimsy false floor separating the main pack compartment from the bottom where I store my sleeping back. One of the 4 corner holder ripped. It has a lifetime warranty from TNF but I can make do and rather not hassle with a return. All in all, an outstanding pack which I would highly recommend.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Pivotal 60 versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Pivotal 60. Read all reviews »

The North Face Men's Pivotal 60

The Men's Pivotal 60 has been discontinued.

The North Face Men's Pivotal 60 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.