The North Face Redpoint Jacket

men's
Weight 20.46 oz / 580 g
Body Fabric 40D 63 g / sq m (1.86 oz / sq yd) 100% Nylon Shadow Ripstop
Insulation PrimaLoft® Eco

My wife and I have two of this versatile jacket, hers…

Summary

My wife and I have two of this versatile jacket, hers blue, mine dark grey. These jackets usually go with us on our travels if the potential for cold weather exists. If my wife fears that she will be too cold in her jacket, she doesn't go!

Pros

• Great layering piece, both over and under
  • Very warm for a hoodless synthetic jacket
  • Versatile for moderatly cold weather like normal Texas winter

Cons

• Better gear for lightweight insulation
  • No hood and not for extreme weather
  • Walking TNF billboard (ALL gear is getting like that!)

I have owned this jacket for about 9 years now and while I own a huge variety of outdoor insulated jackets from the Montbell Thermawrap Jacket at 9.5oz. to Marmot Whitehorse Parka at 63oz., this 23 oz. jacket rides with me on more trips than any other.

My wife got hers to replace an much older TNF Cerro Torre Jacket. She usually uses my gear, but I felt she needed her own puffy. She daily takes it with her from road trips and daily commutes to to work as well as camping trips and light ranching throughout our Texas winters for the last 6 or so years.

I don't use mine as often, but it is one of my more grabbed jackets for traveling. I can layer a variety of rain gear or even heavier belay or expedition parkas and even fleece layers under. It works well even by itself.

My only real complaint is more general in nature as the constant billboarding of way too much outdoor gear even though this jacket is not as bad as other gear.

While I have better backpacking and winter jackets, this is a goldilocks type jacket, not too much or too little for a lot of our needs.

Get it, it's awesome. Not a NF fan, but this jacket…

Source: bought it used

Summary

Get it, it's awesome.

Pros

• Very warm
  • Compacts small
  • Very wind resistant

Not a NF fan, but this jacket awesome. So lightweight you really don't feel it on, but toasty warm, amd wind resistant. I'm just an around town guy, but the couple of times I used it in the winter in the mountains, (Huntington Lake, 7,000 elv) it was fine with a sweater hoody.

Got a good deal from Joe's sporting good. Bought it…

Fabric: primaloft

Got a good deal from Joe's sporting good. Bought it for 75$ and BOY oh BOY! This jacket impressed me so much. Very lightweight, gives very good insulation and very slick looking. Cinco estrellas for this magnificent piece. Thanks, North Face.

Visit The North Face's Men's Redpoint Jacket page.

Napoleon chest pocketTwo secure zip hand pocketsStows in hand pocketBound cuffsHem cinch-cordZip-in compatible integration with complementing garments

- River Sports Outfitters refers to the men's version

This jacket delivers unparalleled warmth suitable for everyday wear. With PrimaLoft reg; eco synthetic insulation, its lightweight and water-resistant features permit outdoor athletes to stay dry and comfortable even in the harshest conditions. Features Standard fit Zip-in compatible Napoleon chest pocket Two hand pockets Jacket stows in pocket Elastic-bound cuffs Hem cinch-cord

- Teton Village Sports refers to the men's version

The North Face Men's Redpoint Jacket takes the place of your fleece with the excellent warmth and low bulk of PrimaLoft Eco synthetic insulation. Whether you wear it as a shell or use it for mid-layer insulation, the Redpoint Jacket keeps you from feeling the chill. A smooth exterior reduces friction when you wear this synthetic jacket with other layers. It also zips into all compatible shells from The North Face, making a versatile combination for a variety of conditions.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

Anytime you step into Old Man Winter's realm, The North Face Redpoint Insulated Jacket helps you keep your hard-earned body heat to yourself. You can throw it on for late-night beer runs or slip a snow-proof shell on over it for solid ski-day protection. Either way, the baffled PrimaLoft Eco insulation retains your core temperature so you can do what you love.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version