The North Face Redpoint Jacket

Weight 20.46 oz / 580 g
Body Fabric 40D 63 g / sq m (1.86 oz / sq yd) 100% Nylon Shadow Ripstop
Insulation PrimaLoft® Eco

My wife and I have two of this versatile jacket, hers…

Summary

My wife and I have two of this versatile jacket, hers blue, mine dark grey. These jackets usually go with us on our travels if the potential for cold weather exists. If my wife fears that she will be too cold in her jacket, she doesn't go!

Pros

• Great layering piece, both over and under
  • Very warm for a hoodless synthetic jacket
  • Versatile for moderatly cold weather like normal Texas winter

Cons

• Better gear for lightweight insulation
  • No hood and not for extreme weather
  • Walking TNF billboard (ALL gear is getting like that!)

I have owned this jacket for about 9 years now and while I own a huge variety of outdoor insulated jackets from the Montbell Thermawrap Jacket at 9.5oz. to Marmot Whitehorse Parka at 63oz., this 23 oz. jacket rides with me on more trips than any other.

My wife got hers to replace an much older TNF Cerro Torre Jacket. She usually uses my gear, but I felt she needed her own puffy. She daily takes it with her from road trips and daily commutes to to work as well as camping trips and light ranching throughout our Texas winters for the last 6 or so years.

I don't use mine as often, but it is one of my more grabbed jackets for traveling. I can layer a variety of rain gear or even heavier belay or expedition parkas and even fleece layers under. It works well even by itself.

My only real complaint is more general in nature as the constant billboarding of way too much outdoor gear even though this jacket is not as bad as other gear.

While I have better backpacking and winter jackets, this is a goldilocks type jacket, not too much or too little for a lot of our needs.

Get it, it's awesome. Not a NF fan, but this jacket…

Source: bought it used

Summary

Get it, it's awesome.

Pros

• Very warm
  • Compacts small
  • Very wind resistant

Not a NF fan, but this jacket awesome. So lightweight you really don't feel it on, but toasty warm, amd wind resistant. I'm just an around town guy, but the couple of times I used it in the winter in the mountains, (Huntington Lake, 7,000 elv) it was fine with a sweater hoody.

Got a good deal from Joe's sporting good. Bought it…

Fabric: primaloft

Got a good deal from Joe's sporting good. Bought it for 75$ and BOY oh BOY! This jacket impressed me so much. Very lightweight, gives very good insulation and very slick looking. Cinco estrellas for this magnificent piece. Thanks, North Face.

The North Face Men's Redpoint Jacket

The Men's Redpoint Jacket has been discontinued.

The North Face Men's Redpoint Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 23, 2014 at River Sports Outfitters.

If you're looking for a new synthetic insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.