The North Face Roadrunner 22

Mini tank! The setup is easy withe the color coded…

Summary

Mini tank!

Pros

• Weather proof
  • Light
  • Easy setup

Cons

• Not for over 6-foot person
  • Lack 3 pegs
  • Small vestibule

The setup is easy withe the color coded material. Great wind stability even under pouring rain. Condensation is no problem. Inside storage could be improve by adding a ceiling net, and outside storage is tiny due to the fly angle door so the pole could been longer.

Over the years this tent had been our favorite due to the weight and weatherproofness. Only wish had also bought the 3-person version!

I bought this tent in 2006 before my 52-day trip to…

I bought this tent in 2006 before my 52-day trip to Alaska. Let me start by saying I absolutely love this tent.

The tent held up great to both heavy rain and 30 + mph winds.  The summer we went up to Alaska was the rainiest summer in over a decade. I want to say that it rained 36 of 44 nights we stayed in the backcountry. We stayed dry the entire time. 2 people can set this tent up in less than 2 minutes and can then pick it up and move it if need be.

Since Alaska I have taken this tent on a 2 week trip to Southwest Utah, multiple overnighters in the Pacific Northwest and multiple overnighters in the Ozark Mountains and I'm still using it today. Reflectors on the guide lines makes it easy to find after dark when doing long day hikes.

Issues:

1. slope of vestibules is tight and makes for a snug fit for your pack.
  2. Condensation can be a problem. The Vestibules have two zippers so you can open the top of the rain fly to allow ventilation and the way the 3rd pole sits allows the zipper to be opened without threat of rain coming it.
  3. In tighter areas getting the 2 vestibules fully stretched can cause flapping of the vestibule against packs.

Honestly, I would buy this tent again. Hopefully, when the time comes to buy a new tent this one will still be available. It's a true workhorse of a tent.

i think this tent is a good tent beacose it is small…

Ease of Setup: very
Weight: very light

i think this tent is a good tent beacose it is small and lighwaght and is a very handy think if you are looking to bye a small tent this is recomended.(very easey to set up)
good for bak pack.

I've had this tent for more than a year and love it.

Ease of Setup: super easy...just slide in the poles and throw on the fly

I've had this tent for more than a year and love it. It's great in warm weather, where I usually leave the fly off and stargaze through the mesh (which keeps the bugs out!). It's also been through some pretty harsh downpours, and always stays bone-dry. There's plenty of room for two people to sleep comfortably, and I really appreciate the dual entrances so you don't have to climb over your neighbour! Finally, my favourite aspect is the fact that I can set up the whole thing (fly and all), by myself, in the dark, in only about 3 minutes. Love it!

The North Face Roadrunner 22

The Roadrunner 22 has been discontinued.

The North Face Roadrunner 22 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 31, 2007 at GearTrade.