I understand why North Face discontinued this shoe.

I understand why North Face discontinued this shoe. This is the worst running shoe I have ever worn. My knee started hurting when I ran in them. I felt like I was getting a blister after 2 or 3 miles. My heel was tender after I ran in them.

I'm an experienced runner (25 years plus) who has used a lot of different shoes. I'm disappointed with the shoe.

I'm a newbie at trail running and this is my first…

I'm a newbie at trail running and this is my first "serious" trail running shoe.

Went on a 12km trail run in the woods yesterday. Terrain was a mix of hardpack fire roads and single track with lots of roots and rocks at 5,000 ft elevation.

I can't compare these shoes to other trail shoes I've had because this is the first time I've actually used a pair on a run. But the Rucky Chucky's are very comfortable and stable. Traction was top notch. A brief downpour made it a muddy run but I didn't slip on some wet rocks and roots.

Some small rocks made their way into the shoes but it wasn't anything too uncomfortable. That's the only reason I didn't give this perfect marks.

The North Face Rucky Chucky

The Rucky Chucky has been discontinued.

The North Face Rucky Chucky is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 26, 2014 at Mountain Gear.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016