The North Face Steep Tech Pant

I was just recently on a backpacking trip around Mt.

Price Paid: $500 for coat, 300 for pants

I was just recently on a backpacking trip around Mt. Washington. IF you know anything about the area you know that it has the worst weather in the world. While I was on my trip I found out why.

It was a real sunny day and it was about 30 degrees and within 20 minutes a storm had moved in on us. WE were on the summit of the mountian. The wind picked up and the temp droped about 30 degrees. And to top it all of it was snowing harder then I had ever seen in my life. I was lucky because I had my TNF Steeptech coat and pants on and they performed so well out there. I was out for a total of 8 days and brought it everywhere.

I don't recommend this coat or pants if you're not into serious winter hiking or backcountry skiing. If you are it would be the best investment you could make.

The North Face Steep Tech Pant

The Steep Tech Pant has been discontinued.

The North Face Steep Tech Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 5, 2007 at Backcountry Outlet.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review