The North Face Super Venture Jacket

Love it!!! I went hiking in this jacket during a thundershower,…

Price Paid: $94 including taxes

Summary

Love it!!!

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Breathable
  • Roomy
  • Mosquito-proof
  • Attractive

Cons

• Sleeves a bit too short (for me)

I went hiking in this jacket during a thundershower, and can attest that it was definitely waterproof and breathable! I am 5' 7.5," 130 lbs, 27" waist, and 32C. I am usually a S to XS in tops. XS was perfect for me in this jacket, and I wore a tank top and Lululemon Scuba Hoodie under it as well, with room to spare.

The sleeves were slightly short, but that's not too much of an issue (I think I have long arms) as I could just tuck in the bottom of the hoodie sleeves and tighten the Velcro on the bottom of the jacket sleeve to keep it in. The jacket is also mosquito-proof where it covers! Where I am, in northern BC, that’s a real bonus.

I wouldn't say it's very warm, but it was designed to be an overlayer. The hood coverage is great. The colour is really pretty — I got the Fuschia with orange underneath. I love this jacket!

On Sale. Free Shipping. The North Face Women's Super Venture Jacket DECENT FEATURES of The North Face Women's Super Venture Jacket Waterproof, breathable, seam sealed Attached, fully adjustable hood with hidden drawcord system Center front zip with Velcro stormflap closure Brushed chin guard lining Napoleon pocket with polyurethane (PU) zip Pit-zip vents Two secure hand pockets Stowable in hand pocket Adjustable Velcro cuff tabs Hem cinch-cord The SPECS of The North Face Women's Super Venture Jacket Average Weight: 12 oz / 350 g Center Back Length: 27in. 40D 92 g/m2 (3.25 oz/yd2) 100% nylon ripstop HyVent 2.5L with colored backer This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

Designed with upgraded features to keep you dry, The North Face Super Venture Jacket is a classic waterproof rain jacket that stuffs into its own hand pocket for accessible protection during a downpour.

- EMS

Our best-selling waterproof, breathable Venture Jacket with upgraded features and novelty colored backer. Waterproof, breathable, seam sealed. Attached, fully adjustable hood with hidden drawcord system. Center front zip with Velcro(R) stormflap closure. Brushed chin guard lining. Napoleon pocket with polyurethane (PU) zip. Pit-zip vents. Two secure hand pockets. Stowable in hand pocket. Adjustable Velcro(R) cuff tabs. Hem cinch-cord. Fabric: 40D 92 g/m2 (3.25 oz/yd2) 100% nylon ripstop HyVent(R) 2.5L with colored backer. Length from center of back: 27". Weight: 350 g (12 oz).

- Rocky Mountain Trail

Our classic waterproof, hooded rain jacket is designed with upgraded features to keep you dry in spring 2013 and beyond. This fully seam-sealed jacket is constructed of breathable nylon HyVent technology with a soft, dry-touch barrier to eliminate the need for a lining. Stuff this highly compressible outer layer into its own hand pocket and carry it in your pack for accessible protection during a downpour. The Velcro storm flap covers the full-zip front to shut out wind and rain. A Napoleon chest pocket securely closes with a waterproof zipper to keep small personal items dry. Pit-zip vents allow you to instantly dump excess heat and cool down during stages of high-energy activity. A soft, brushed collar provides next-to-skin comfort when the jacket is fully zipped. The adjustable hood has a hidden drawcord system to create a close fit around your head that remains low profile. Tighten the hem cinch-cord to seal out the draft in chilly weather.

- The North Face

Our classic water short with a lightweight, quick-drying fabric; goes from the river to the trail with ease.

- RockCreek

The North Face Women's Super Venture Jacket

The North Face Women's Super Venture Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 27, 2014 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.