The North Face Terra 65

M L
Weight 4 lb 11 oz / 2140 g 5 lb 1 oz / 2340 g
Capacity 3850 cu in / 63 L 3950 cu in / 65 L
Dimensions 31 in x 14 in x 9.25 in / 80 cm x 35.5 cm x 23.5 cm 31 in x 14 in x 9.25 in / 80 cm x 35.5 cm x 23.5 cm
Fabric 420D Polyester Dobby, 420D Mini Ripstop Polyester 420D Polyester Dobby, 420D Mini Ripstop Polyester

The North Face Terra 65 pack is a well built, versatile…

Summary

The North Face Terra 65 pack is a well built, versatile pack that is great for long distance backpacking trips as well as short overnighters. It is very durable and has lots of storage options.

• Versatile

This pack fits very well. It has a very intuitive torso adjustment device with a locking cam mechanism. It has well padded hip belts for comfort and a nice, raised back mesh panel for airflow. It fits a lot of gear and what can't be stored in the pack can easily be lashed to the outside. The pack is very stable and easy to carry on the trail. The ripstop fabric is durable and has held up well.

Highly adjustable pack made of durable polyester with…

Summary

Highly adjustable pack made of durable polyester with a thick foam hipbelt and a full frame with dual aluminum stays and HDPE framesheet.

Pros

• Durability
  • Comfort

Cons

• Weak stretch pocket
  • No hipbelt pockets

Very comfortable, durable and adjustable pack. Takes weight very well. I carried 30 pounds of gear on a week long trip and 20 pounds of gear on a cross country ski overnight, over the space of 1 1/2 years. Both times, it carried the weight very well, and took me dragging it across granite and Uinta quartzite in Utah. The only damage sustained was a small pinhole on the front stretch pocket.

Has plenty of space for extended trips. I would say it adjusts to everybody except very small children. I used this pack and it fit great, even though I was 13 and 5' straight. The shoulder straps are slightly thin but conform to shoulders and handle the weight very well.

The 65 liter rating is very accurate. It does not have very much organization, just a huge internal compartment with lid pockets. I do wish it had sleeping pad straps on the bottom.

The pack fits well, great for the weekend camp or…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

The pack fits well, great for the weekend camp or even a few weeks on the AT.
Plan to live out of it for a month or so while tramping through the States/ canada. I feel confident that it won't let me down.

Pros

• Good adjustability
  • Good suspension
  • Built with detail and superior quality
  • Good material

Cons

• Mesh side pockets
  • Lack of external pockets could be an issue

The pack offers great suspension and adjusts to many body sizes and shapes. A friend of mine has the same pack and while I am of 5' 11" and 190 pounds he is 6 foot 1-2 of the same weight, and has no complaints so far. One disadvantage is the lack of external pockets.

Although I use this particular pack for more than it was designed for, it has proven reliable. So the pocket issue is only legitimate for my situation.

Those mesh side pockets are a bit awkward for a water bottle. When the pack is full they tend to slide up a bit, but I always notice before they fall out. Once again this isnt much of an issue as the pack has pocket for a good sized bladder. The pockets are great, however, as a basket to hold a fly rod and reel when trekking through the bush or down river. The reel and flies sit it the pocket perfectly and the rod can be held to the pack by the buckle and straps on the sides.

This pack is streamline, adjusts great, and the suspension conforms to my body very well.

This pack was perfect for all my multi-day hikes.

Design: Internal Frame Pack
Size: 65 Liters
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 20.5 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5.7'

This pack was perfect for all my multi-day hikes. Plenty of space, durable, versatile, lightweight, and comfortable. The Opti-fit system was great for exacting adjustments and it made this pack fit like a dream. Streamlined designed minimized bulkiness and helped make my gear stay secure and distributed well. Large enough capacity for everything I bring (about 20.2 lbs.), and had enough cushioning against my back to prevent cramps and other pain.

The only setbacks that I had were no outside clip-straps to hold down sleeping mat/tent gear. Not enough pockets/storage compartments, and the sleeping bag compartment wasn't quite as big as I had hoped.

Overall a great pack, that worked wonders for all my adventures. Definitely consider this pack for all your outdoor trips! Big enough for all my gear and then some. Hands down a great pack.