Good boot - I don't believe I had the right fit. My…

Use: Hiking, Dayhikes, rough trail
Break-in Period: 2 years still waiting
Weight: unknown
Price Paid: Unknown

Good boot - I don't believe I had the right fit. My first and wonderful pair of older North Face hiking boots developed a serious defect (popping sound) in the soles. North Face no longer made that shoe so they sent me a replacement in the Light GTX in the same size. Problem is different fit. Horrible fit, actually. They feel very large and somewhat "clumpy." Also rub in a different way that I've never been able to resolve. I will try to contact North Face to resolve but right now I am leaning towards buying a new and different brand, such as the Asolo TPS 520.

They have been to W.Va. and in the mountains of Montana…

Materials: leather, gore-tex and manmade upper
Use: mountain hiking/dayhiking
Break-in Period: months
Weight: ?

They have been to W.Va. and in the mountains of Montana this past summer and the rubber bottom began to peel off.

The North Face Trek Light GTX

The Trek Light GTX has been discontinued.

The North Face Trek Light GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 28, 2007 at Backcountry Outlet.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review