The North Face Valkyrie Jacket

I searched long and hard to find this jacket and eventually…

I searched long and hard to find this jacket and eventually found it as a run-out from Backcountry for $70! Fortunately the size (m) and colour (tan/orange) was what I wanted so no second thoughts regarding purchasing.

I have had the jacket for about a year and have had 3 occasions to really test its water resistance. On each occasion I have been in mild to fairly heavy showers, but not pouring for a maximum of 45 mins. The jacket has kept me dry continuously although on the last downpour I was getting damp in my upper back which was starting to make my base layer wet, but this is pretty good for a middle of the road soft shell.

Breathability is OK and I am able to get a tight fit with the hood, so well done!

My only 2 gripes are as follows: 1) When wet the jacket becomes heavy and takes some time to dry, 2) the velcro cuffs with the male pile scratch your butt when you go to the toilet...If I had an extra $100 to spend on full retail I'd look at something from Arc'teryx but this is a pretty solid purchase.

The North Face Valkyrie Jacket

The Valkyrie Jacket has been discontinued.

The North Face Valkyrie Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 15, 2016 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new soft shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review