The North Face Verbera Hiker GTX

Light hiker: Nice and light! Waterproof but breathable—I…

Summary

Light hiker: Nice and light! Waterproof but breathable—I hiked 15 miles, 92 degrees in Florida with wool socks and didn't think my feet got too hot. These boots will tend to "fold" half way up the ankle forcing the upper part of the heel cradle to dig into your ankle if you are carrying more than about 25lbs. Roomy—Watch the width! I have a narrow-small profile foot so I know I could have used some after market inserts and would buy a narrower boot next time, if I had not been hiking flat ground I believe my foot would have slid around a lot.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Breathable
  • Light weight

Cons

• On the "wide" side for shoe width

Activities: 1. Hiking/climbing Turtle Peak near Las Vegas very small day pack. 2. Hiking 15 miles in Florida heavy load (30lbs). 3. General hiking in Florida including through water.

My Foot: Narrow and low profile with a good arch, I can wear a 7 dress shoe and a 9 running, this boot is an 8 and is perfect in length

The Good: Definitely waterproof to the tipity top and yet breathable. I hiked in Las Vegas and in Florida with wool socks and not once did my feet overheat or get extremely sweaty. They are also lightweight with great traction allowing you to be quick and nimble if you are carrying minimal gear.

They have a little flex in the forward part of the sole, again good for maneuverability but not good if you are looking for a stiffer platform. No break-in was needed. Laces did the job and you could snug the shoe down.

The Bad: Definitely a light hiker. My upper heels were pretty sore after a 2-day overnight trip because they had started to fold in about half way up and dig into my heel. Granted I was carrying a pretty heavy load (too heavy for these shoes). I know that I have a narrow foot, but even so the shoe seemed a bit wide.

I think I did o.k. on terrain in Las Vegas because I wasn't carrying any real weight, so I didn't bruise my toes or get blisters from my foot sliding around. I do not recommend these for light hiking on terrain unless you have a wider foot or get some after market inserts. In terrain, with weight, I believe your foot may slide considerably.

Hike to your heart's content in these waterproof, leather hiking boots, featuring a breathable GORE-TEX membrane. Tested and trusted by the world's best alpinists, these boots are handcrafted in Italy and perfect for carrying lighter-weight loads. Expect high traction thanks to an exclusive Vibram outsole.

- The North Face refers to the men's version

You can trust the Italian craftsmanship of The North Face Men's Verbera Backpacker GTX Boot to support your trek through technical, mountainous terrain, even if your trail buddy filled your pack full of rocks. A waterproof breathable membrane gives a nod to nigh-impenetrable weatherproofing, and a grippy Vibram outsole digs into wet or slippery terrain. Reach for this technical leather boot when you plan a multi-day hut trip into the hills where the trail is less than perfect.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

For ultra sturdy and reliable hiking boots, The North Face Verbera GTX Backpacking Boots for Men are pretty hard to beat. The full grain Italian leather uppers are soft and durable while the Gore-Tex waterproof, breathable membrane and Smartlite PU mudguard keep you dry and comfortable when the weather sets in and the trail gets muddy. The stainless steel upper eyelets and locking instep eyelet work together to keep the boots snug and comfortable while the EVA footbed with a gel heel and OrthoLite forefoot cushioning ensure optimal comfort for long days on the trail in rough, rocky and exciting terrain.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

Lightweight, full-featured day-hiking boot designed in Italy; perfect for carrying lighter-weight loads over technical terrain. / UPPER/ GORE-TEX(R) waterproof, breathable membrane / Nubuck leather upper with ballistic mesh / Locking instep eyelet / Northotic(TM) Pro upgraded EVA footbed with Poron(R) ReSource heel and forefoot cushioning pads and ESS Cradle(TM) support / BOTTOM/ Cradle(TM) heel cushioning and stability technology / Compression-molded EVA midsole / Exclusive Vibram(R) outsole / 80% post-consumer recycled Bi-Fit(TM) insole board is ergonomically tuned to achieve the desired flexibility level

- Rocky Mountain Trail refers to the men's version

On Sale. Free Shipping. The North Face Men's Verbera Hiker GTX Boot FEATURES of The North Face Men's Verbera Hiker GTX Boot Upper: Gore-Tex waterproof, breathable membrane Nubuck leather upper with ballistic mesh Locking instep eyelet Northotic Pro upgraded EVA footbed with Poron ReSource heel and forefoot-cushioning pads and ESS Cradle support Bottom: Cradle heel-cushioning and stability technology Compression-molded EVA midsole Exclusive Vibram outsole 80% post-consumer recycled Bi-Fit insole board is ergonomically tuned to achieve the desired flexibility level SPECIFICATIONS of The North Face Men's Verbera Hiker GTX Boot Last: TNF-S12-06 Approx Weight: 1/2 pair: 1 lb 5 oz / 600 g, pair: 2 lbs 10 oz / 1200 g This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version