User Review: The North Face Men's Windstopper Jacket
Fabric: Gore Windstopper Fleece
Price Paid: 140 Cdn
I am an exploration geologist in the mining industry, and as such am regularly exposed to a huge variety of weather conditions in the bush. Have thus far used the Windstopper in Tibet, British Columbia and the Yukon, and find it to be perhaps the most useful and flexible outdoor product that I own. Some important points:
1) It adequately sheds water in light precipitation conditions.
2) It is absolutely remarkable in wind. It keeps you warm in moderate to strong winds down to at least 30F, and is very comfortable
3) It has good ventilation points (full pit zips), and appears to breathe well.
4) The fabric is adequately tough, and shoulders and arms are reinforced.
5) The sleeves cinch down well with velcro closures. The drawstrings on the waistline are not all that convenient to close, but are okay as they generally do not require much adjustment after initial tightening
6) ONE POTENTIALLY SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM. The neckline is a bit wanting, as it is too loose and cannot be cinched down. It admits too much air, although a neck warmer will solve this.
7) MINOR PROBLEM. Is a bit bulky for the pack as it does not fold down very small.
Conclusion: Won't go into the field without it.
Where to Buy
The North Face Men's Windstopper Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may want to check pricing and availability directly at these The North Face retailers:
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.