Therm-a-Rest LuxuryCamp

I love this pad. I did however; buy the 2006 model…

I love this pad. I did however; buy the 2006 model vs. the 2005 model. The difference, if I remember correctly, is the 2006 is 2.5 inches and the 2005 is only 2". Not sure on the thickness thing.

Also, the 2006 does not have the fleece cover to it. Big difference to me.

I bought the extra large pad. It is 30" wide and 2.5" deep. Wow, what a difference. The advertising boasts this is a car camping pad. Not for me. I will carry all 5 pounds of it. To me the pad is worth the weight. For an ultra light, I have the feeling it is way too heavy.

My first night up country in the Rockies was great. I slept like a log. I could not believe how well I slept. My old pad was also a Therm-a-rest, but it is only .67” thick. I do not sleep well on it at all.

-John

The benifit of this pad, is also its drawback. I have…

Price Paid: 100 au

The benifit of this pad, is also its drawback. I have a three-quater one of these and it is so thick, that it needs to be used with a pillow to elevate your head enough to keep it in line with the pad.

I slept 40 nights on this pad last summer. Quality…

Price Paid: Gift

I slept 40 nights on this pad last summer. Quality material, comfortable and warm. I recommend.

If you've owned or used a Therm-a-Rest LuxuryCamp, please share your experience.

Therm-a-Rest LuxuryCamp

The LuxuryCamp has been discontinued.

The Therm-a-Rest LuxuryCamp is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new self-inflating sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.