Timberland Euro Hiker

These boots are excellent for hiking in the mountains…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (Received a sample of this product from the manufacturer's rep for purposes of this review)

Summary

These boots are excellent for hiking in the mountains or the high desert. They required no break-in period and offered exceptional comfort and functionality. Logged over 100 miles in a few weeks and was very impressed with fit, function, durability, and style.

Pros

• Stable

Cons

• Not waterproof over 1/2" of water

These boots have become my workhorse for both training and hiking. The full-grain leather is both attractive and very comfortable.

IMG_20160623_215544526.jpg

I have been training in these for our September Mont Blanc eight-day trek. Most of the hundreds of miles of training has been in the Sierras (eastern at Mammoth Lakes and western near Lake Tahoe and the Donner Summit) between June and August, and they have been outstanding.

IMG_20160701_153910.jpg

The daily mileage has ranged from 8-10 miles and the hours in the boot has ranged from 5 - 7 hours. They are perfect in warmer weather and very lightweight.  The fit is true to size and quite cushy while providing exceptional gripping capability whether you are on rock or in "slidey" conditions.

The arch support is very stable with a steel shank. They offer a bit of environmental consciousness with the laces which are made of 100% recycled plastic bottles (PET).

IMG_20160701_153927.jpg

Disclosure: Received a sample of this product from the manufacturer's rep for purposes of this review.

Have fun on your Mont Blanc trek, John.

Inga Aksamit BRAND REP MEDIA

I love boots that don't require a break-in period. These look great for hiking.

1 month ago
John Compisi MEDIA

Then you'd like thewoemen's version of these. 8 miles out of the box.

1 month ago

Comfort and durability wrapped up in one, but oh so…

Summary

Comfort and durability wrapped up in one, but oh so much more.

Pros

• Great fit
  • Very durable
  • Waterproof

Cons

• Break in needed

These boots are something to talk about. They are very comfortable with little break-in time. The ankles are stiff but soften as you wear them. The fit is true to size and has a generous toe box. I have high arches and there is plenty of support. The water resistance is great, being in 6 inches of snow for several hours and feet were still dry. The traction is good and I had little slippage.

Nothing fancy just good, practical, leather boots.

Not the best shoe ever but maybe the best for the…

Materials: leather
Break-in Period: 1-3 days

Not the best shoe ever but maybe the best for the money, particularly if you can find a discontinued style or color.

Felt comfortable the first day. Mostly broken in the next day and comfortable enough for all day use by day three. Good support and a very soft tongue.

Unlike other multi-purpose shoes in this type, work, hiking, walking, the Timberlands seem at home doing all three.

All in a recommendation for the light day hiker or work boot without the steel toe.

I got these boot on sale and at first I was not sure…

Materials: Light weight all leather
Use: Tough trail
Break-in Period: 2-3 weeks
Weight: 2 lbs 10 oz
Price Paid: $65 on sale

I got these boot on sale and at first I was not sure I had gotten my money's worth. The break-in was quite hard on my feet but I don't use shoes all that often so that has something to do with it (I live in the tropics). Since then I have put 150-200 miles of city and rough trail walking on them. other than replacing the insoles with a set of superfeet (I have had the superfeet for years) these boots have been great. On-trail hiking here in Hawaii can and does often qualify as off trail. It's rough enough that it can take 5 hours to hike 7 miles. No blisters and no bruised feet.

I'm a big guy at 6'4", 275lbs. It takes a lot to find…

Materials: Leather
Use: Day Hiking & med. pack
Break-in Period: 2 weeks
Weight: 3 lbs(approx)
Price Paid: $100 US

I'm a big guy at 6'4", 275lbs. It takes a lot to find a pair of boots that fit. These are not the ones! They took forever to break-in and once broken-in they were still uncomfortable. I bought a good insole and that helped a little but not enough. I'm going to try Vasque next.