I highly recommend these boots. I'm on my 3rd pair…

Summary

I highly recommend these boots.

Pros

• Very comfortable
  • Durable leather
  • Waterproof
  • Inexpensive - $79.99 at my local Academy Sports

Cons

• Sole wears down quickly with daily use

I'm on my 3rd pair of Timberland Flume Mid hiking boots. They are very comfortable right out of the box and I wear them causally and for hiking.

The durability was put to the test when I skid about 80 feet on concrete in a motorcycle accident. The boot showed very little damage and I walked away without any damage to my feet or ankles. I live and ride in the hot Texas summers; however, despite being all leather and waterproof, I am never too hot in these boots. Thin cotton socks in the summer and thick wool socks in the winter keep my toes the just right temperature.

The only drawback to these boots is that the soles wear down faster than average athletic shoes with daily use. Nevertheless, I highly recommend these boots.  My local Academy Sports sells Timberland Flume Mids for $79.99. You can't get a better hiking boot for that price.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Flume Mid versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Flume Mid. Read all reviews »