Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof - Men's

Comfortable and durable boot with average grip. I…

Price Paid: $65 USD

Summary

Comfortable and durable boot with average grip.

Pros

• Waterproof

Cons

• Heavy
  • Can get rather hot
  • Lacking in traction

I used these boots on and off for about five years for hiking in different environments ranging from well maintained trails to harsh desert bushwacking. The uppers are pretty durable and waterproof. The outsole tends to accumulate a lot of mud though, and even when dry, I struggled getting grip in loose dirt. Slick rock was also a problem, especially when wet.

Waterproofing is great, never had any water come in until the midsole started delaminating after five years of rough use. The upper is also very supportive and I've always loved this style of boot lacing with the quick lacing hooks.

The inside is very well padded and comfortable. This also means they can get pretty hot in warm climates, but this is something I learned to live with before I started using trail running shoes for hiking.

These would be a great work boot, but I wouldn't get another pair for hiking. Still, they took me to a lot of places and kept on trucking, so I'm pretty pleased and I feel I got my money's worth out of these. As a rugged option these are great if you're on a tight budget, but I wouldn't use them on highly technical terrain.

Thanks for the helpful review, Roberto!

This was my first pair of hiking boots, bought in…

Materials: Leather; Gore-tex
Use: weekend hikes; day hikes
Break-in Period: one long weekend of hiking

This was my first pair of hiking boots, bought in a frenetic attempt to secure last minute supplies before a campout. The boots work alright, but the heel dips in such a way that it rubs uncomfortably on my Achilles' tendon.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All White Ledge Mid Waterproof versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the White Ledge Mid Waterproof. Read all reviews »