Tracks Sherlite Staff

I have used one of these for two years, now primarily…

Price Paid: Approx. $70

I have used one of these for two years, now primarily during my work as a field biologist in Canada walking over muskeg and through forest with a lot of deadfall.

• Locking mechanism
  • Camera mounting screw

• What are the product's weaknesses?

The best features for my use are the no-slip locking mechanism and the removable top with camera mounting screw below. Highly recommended.

I have been looking for a staff that is suitable for…

I have been looking for a staff that is suitable for city walking, parks, forest trails and mountainous regions above the tree line. Self defense is also a major consideration. I find the Sherlite Staff to meet or exceed all of my expectations.

It weighs less than a pound, is made of high strength aluminum. Adjusts from 34.5 inches to 57.5. I can use it as a camera pod too. A hardened steel spike beneath the rubber tip serves as both a good grip against sand, gravel and snow... but also a deadly point for striking an adversary.

I am grateful I found this at such a great price. While hickory or oak canes and staffs are nice, this one is adjustable to meet all my needs. I think you will be well pleased with yours too. Ned

Tracks Sherlite Staff

The Tracks Sherlite Staff is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 30, 2015 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new hiking staff, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review