Trezeta Hypo

Very uncomfortable for me, even for 2-3 hours hiking.

Price Paid: don't remeber, but quite cheap

Summary

Very uncomfortable for me, even for 2-3 hours hiking. Gore-tex membrane doesn't ensure waterproofing after a couple of years usage.

Pros

• Cheap

Cons

• Very uncomfortable
  • Not waterproof

I used these occasionally for 6 years now. Mostly for summer and spring mountain treks, lately just for approaching alpine routes during spring.

I changed the insole hoping to make them more comfortable. Unsuccessful. They become painful even after 2-3 hours approach. They squeeze the tip of of my toes when wearing moderate cushion socks, even if I'm pretty sure the size is right.

They are no longer waterproof. Spring traveling through occasional snow fields plus some rain showers was enough to have my socks wet. Lacing system is basic but ok, traction on wet rock is terrible. The only good thing about them might be the durability, if I don't consider here the water resistance.

After last painful experience with them, I am sure I will not use them ever anymore. Doesn't seem to be the right boots for such jobs.

Extremely comfortable, strong sole grip, only the…

Materials: chamois-leather, cordura, gore-tex
Use: hiking, trekking from spring to autumn
Break-in Period: 1 day, 1 hike
Weight: 602 gr
Price Paid: 80 euros

Extremely comfortable, strong sole grip, only the ice can stop these boots.

They are typical summer-trekking/hiking-boots, but I used them on a ski-nordic path in Val di Fiemme, Dolomiti, Italy, just two days ago. I hiked for two hours, and at the end, some drops of cold water were penetrated frome the point of the boots, because the snow freezed on them. A detail that confirm the seasons in wich the Trezeta Hypo must be used: all, except deep-winter, for which nabuk-boots are recommended.

Anyway, Hypo are quite excellent!

Carlo

Very comfortable, made of great materials. I've been…

Materials: leather and gore-tex
Use: every other day at least
Break-in Period: 1-2 days
Weight: unknown
Price Paid: $60 u.s . dollars

Very comfortable, made of great materials. I've been wearing only Trezeta boots for the past six years, even if I have to import them.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Hypo versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Hypo. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Trezeta Men's Hypo, please share your experience.

Trezeta Men's Hypo

The Trezeta Men's Hypo is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.