Ultimate Survival Technologies Base All Weather Tarp

I got this to extend my coverage area outside of my…

Price Paid: Around $40 I think

Summary

I got this to extend my coverage area outside of my Kelty Gunnison 1.1 single person tent when the weather isn't cooperating. Doesn't add much weight to my pack and I have a shelter, thermal protection blanket and one side is reflective if needed for signaling.

Pros

• Packs small and is not too heavy
  • Serves multiple functions
  • Material seems durable

Cons

• Stakes are cheap and likely to bend in hard, rocky dirt

When I got the Kelty Gunnison 1.1 I saw there wasn't really any room in it to "hang out" in inclement weather. So I picked up this tarp to set up over my vestibule to provide some sitting room. On the last backpacking trip I ended up extending it beyond my daughters' tent to protect their gear because the older Eureka they used didn't have a vestibule.  It rained on us a couple of times and it worked well keeping their stuff dry.

It's mainly one of those nice-to-have items, but if pack weight becomes a concern it'll probably be one of the first things I pull out.

Ultimate Survival Technologies B.A.S.E. All Weather Tarp has multi uses as a ground cloth, tarp or thermal insulation. It's also great with UST Bug Tent (Campmor sku# 85367) for protection against the elements. Lightweight and compact, the B.A.S.E. protects against sun and foul weather as well as your safety with one side that's aluminized for thermal insulation and reflectivity for signaling, the other side high-visibility orange. Includes tarp, guy lines and steel stakes and stuff sack.Single-person design eliminates the need for a full-size tarpMulti-use: tarp, ground cloth, & thermal blanket Lightweight, and compact tarp protects against sun and foul weatherOne side is aluminized for thermal insulation and reflectivity for signaling, the other side high-visibility orangeGreat for use with UST Bug Tent for protection against the elementsIncludes tarp, guy lines and steel stakes and stuff sack for carrying components when not in useMaterial: 68 denier polyesterSize: Expanded 6' x 8' / Packed in stuff sack 15.5" x 3" x 2" Weight: 12.7 oz.

- Campmor

Ultimate Survival Base All Weather TarpThe Ultimate Survival Base All Weather Tarp is what campers, backpacker and hikers outdoors have been looking for. It is a single-person design which eliminates the need for a full-size tarp making it a lightweight, and compact tarp protecting you against sun and foul weather. You can also use it as a ground cloth or thermal blanket. On one side it is aluminized/reflective for thermal insulation and signaling and on the other side high-visibility orange. The Ultimate Survival Base All Weather Tarp weighs only 0.9 lb. The tarp is great to be used together with the UST Bug Tent for protection against the elements and many little critters. It includes the tarp, guy lines and steel stakes, and stuff sack for carrying components when not in use. So campers, backpacker and hikers here you go. Have a great time.

- SunnySports