Vargo Titanium Ti-lite Mug (750 ml)

Capacity 750 ml / 25 oz
Weight 4.9 oz / 139 g
Diameter 3.8 in / 95 mm
Height 4.2 in / 105 mm

A good solo cooking pot/mug combo. Lightweight, tough,…

Summary

A good solo cooking pot/mug combo. Lightweight, tough, and plays well with others.

Pros

• Folding handles
  • Nesting capabilities

Cons

• Inconsistent production
  • Loose lid

I like it.  It holds water, it boils water over fire.

Not detailed enough? Right.

When you decide to walk the path of simplicity, you look for ways for gear to do double or triple duty. The first redundancies I noticed were in my cook kit. Cup, bowl, plate, cook pot, pot grabber. I whittled all those items down into one: Vargo's Ti-Lite 750.

Yes, it means I may no longer plan for fresh-cut fried potatoes in the morning. Yes, I really made fresh-cut breakfast potatoes on backpacking trips. Those were heavy, heavy packs. I have adjusted my menu to solely DIY freezer-bag meals, but have not thereby suffered a single sad meal. I also don't spend 45 minutes each morning cleaning up the breakfast mess.

It fits well in a minimalist whole cooking system. It's the right size for nesting a small fuel canister and a SnowPeak GigaPower stove (sans shell), even better for an Esbit Ti-Wing and some fuel tabs. The folding handles do their work then get out of the way. With stoves and fuel options (e.g. the aforementioned Esbit) this pot/mug at 5 oz. can help a weekend whole cooking system come under 12 oz. That's how heavy my remote fuel canister alone used to be.

Picking nits: The lid fits very loosely, which is mainly annoying when trying to keep everything together in tow (I prefer not to carry the included mesh stuff sack — a single-use item? puh-leeze). Although the lid contains straining holes, the loose fit renders the lid useless as a strainer. But I've never wanted to use it as a strainer. So, no issue for my use.

There seem to also be some production consistency issues. We have two of the Ti-Lite 750s, and the two lids and two folding handles fit very differently. One set of handles is tightly hinged, the other is very loosely hinged. One lid fits like lock-and key, the other sits slightly askew on the pot. The funny thing is I don't prefer one over the other: these differences don't affect my use.

Mine are three years old. I can't say whether these issues have been addressed in recent editions.

Overall, I would recommended this to friends who want to pursue the lightweight/minimalist way of walking. It's an integral part of my system, and I'm not looking to change it any time soon.

POST SCRIPT: A friend pointed out that technically, in my specific instance, the freezer-bags are what replaced my bowl and plate, not a new cookpot. True.

Your ultralight cook system starts here! The first of the Vargo cookware line, the 750 ml Vargo Titanium Ti-Lite Mug is still one of our most popular and versatile products. Large enough to cook single entree meals yet small and compact enough to enjoy an early morning cup of coffee or tea while fitting anywhere in your pack. It fits a 32 oz. water bottle inside to make packing even easier! Topped off by the Vargo original strainer lid with heat-resistant knob, this is an essential piece of cookware you won’t want to leave home without.

Features:

• Titanium construction for lightweight durability
  • Vargo original strainer lid with an easy-to-grip heat-resistant knob to prevents burns
  • Attached foldaway handles for cooking and packing ease
  • Nylon mesh storage bag included

Visit Vargo's Titanium Ti-lite Mug (750 ml) page.

Folding handle Item Specifications Ounces 25 Defined Color Gray

- Mountains Plus

The "Ti-lite" mug offers innovative versatility for ultra-lightweight cooking systems. The mug is compact enough to enjoy an early morning cup of coffee or tea, yet large enough to cook single meal entrees. The mug is incredibly strong and durable. FEATURES: >blasted exterior for a more rustic look and feel >polished interior for easy cleaning >holes in lid make straining water / food easy >lid knob makes checking food safe and easy >perfectly fits 32oz. Wide-Mouth Nalgene bottle inside to save space WEIGHT: 4.9oz. CAPACITY: 750ml DIAMETER: 95mm HEIGHT: 105mm

- Vargo Outdoors

The Vargo Titanium Ti-lite Mug offers innovative versatility for ultra-lightweight cooking systems. The mug is compact enough to enjoy an early morning cup of coffee or tea, yet large enough to cook single meal entrees. Made from the highest grade of titanium available, the mug is incredibly strong and durable.

- Altrec Outdoors

The Ti-lite mug offers innovative versatility for ultra-lightweight cooking systems. The mug is compact enough to enjoy an early morning cup of coffee or tea, yet large enough to cook single meal entrees. Made from the highest grade of titanium available, the mug is incredibly strong and durable. Blasted exterior for a rustic look and feel, polished interior for easy cleaning, holes in lid for straining water, lid knob makes checking food safe and easy, 32 oz. WM Nalgene bottle fits perfectly inside for space savings. Weight: 5.1oz. Capacity: 3 cups (750ml).

- Teton Village Sports