I got these ankle highs for day hikes but after three…

Materials: leather and nylon
Use: approach shoe, but ....
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 1lb 10 oz

I got these ankle highs for day hikes but after three consecutive dayhikes I just had to try them with a pack.

At 190 lb + 35 lb pack I was curious how they'd fare so I started up the mtn. Packed about 25 miles in two days with about 5000 ft elev gain/loss total.

The way the shoe hugs the middle part of the foot didn't allow slipping into the toe or heel sections therefor I had no blisters or even hot spots. The soles gripped well on the ups and downs and slipped only in dry leaves, but then what footwear doesn't. The rubberized toes are a big plus for me also.

The Gore-Tex worked well in creek splashing and rock hopping. The only downside was a little moisture from sweat but the suprising comfort and stability these shoes allowed with or without pack more than outweighs a little moisture.

I'd definitely buy them again or recommend them if they feel good out of the box fer ya.